• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    *** Gun Bill Day in the Senate 2/26/14 ***

10 firearms associated bills (as of 2/13) are being heard on 2/26 in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee.

If you plan to testify in person, sign up is from 9 am to 12:45 pm.
    One viable plan for your day is to get down there, sign up to testify, visit your reps and/or listen in at the statehouse chamber session, go have lunch (or have an early lunch then visit your reps) and then show up for the hearing.

Hearing scheduled @ 1300
    Witness Guidelines (for folks that want to provide testimony) and Committee FAQ's can be found here: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/pubs-current/current-jpr-faqs.pdf

Its essential that you are a registered voter as an active participant in this process (and they do check :)). Not registered to vote? Go directly here: http://elections.state.md.us/voter_registration/index.html and git'r'done. Be sure to use the same name you are registered to vote with and include your district for any written communication with the legislature.

Schedule link: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...chedpage&id=20140226-jpr&stab=02&tab=subject2

To view a bill: Click on the schedule link above, then click on any of the bill numbers (listed in the left), click on the "Documents" tab, then the bill text (Adobe icon).
    Note the order of the list is not necessarily the order that the hearings are held.

Scheduled as of today:

SB 164 Sen Brochin, Crimes - Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Crime - Diminution Credits and Sentencing
    SB 248 Sen Frosh, et al Criminal Law - Use of Handgun in Crime of Violence or Felony - Statute of Limitations
    SB 283 Sen Jennings, et al Public Safety - Handgun Permit Background Check - Armored Car Company Employees
    SB 353 Sen Manno. et al Criminal Law - Deadly Weapons on School Property - Public and Private Schools
    SB 584 Sen Astle Public Safety - Handgun Identification Requirements - Repeal
    SB 728 Sen Jacobs, et al Public Safety - Licensed Firearms Dealers - Background Checks
    SB 729 Sen Jacobs, et al Public Safety - Permit to Carry, Wear, or Transport a Handgun - Qualifications
    SB 731 Sen Jacobs, et al Department of State Police - Firearms - Prohibition on Provision of Information
    SB 758 Sen Jacobs, et al Assault Weapons - Firearms Collector - Possession
    SB 768 Sen Getty, et al Regulated Firearms - License Issued by Another State - Reciprocity WITHDRAWN

*** Also note!!! Mxrider (member here) worked an arrangement with Chili's. :)
    Chili's will donate 20% of your purchase to MSI if you present this flyer on the day of this hearing:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B82sCgq3MWKIdF83QWxaUDluR1U/preview?pli=1*** ***

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    SB674 is going to piss off some C.C. residents.

There's quite a few of us with backyard ranges, and upping the minimum separating distance isn't going to sit well.

Although it could be used against the County as well, there's no public range in Calvert, but there's plenty of people that'd use one - if it was available.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    SB674 is going to piss off some C.C. residents.

There's quite a few of us with backyard ranges, and upping the minimum separating distance isn't going to sit well.

Although it could be used against the County as well, there's no public range in Calvert, but there's plenty of people that'd use one - if it was available.

It should piss Calvert residents off. They better get their asses to Annapolis on Feb. 26th.

I'll be there to bitch with you guys. :D I don't even live in Calvert County and it pisses me off. I have a range on my property and these type of regulations are ridiculous. F- Frosh.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Note the language of the existing law (color emphasis mine)

(a) Except for a law enforcement officer in the line of duty or as provided in
    Subsection (b) of this section, a person may not discharge a firearm:
    (1) Within 150 yards of a [building which can be used as a residence,
    whether occupied or vacant] DWELLING HOUSE, RESIDENCE, CHURCH, OR OTHER
    BUILDING, WHETHER OCCUPIED OR VACANT, EXCEPT THOSE APPROVED FOR
    THE DISCHARGE OF FIREARMS, SUCH AS TRAINING FACILITIES OR INDOOR
    TARGET RANGES
    ; or

Unless current CalCo statutes have a different distance provision, all this seems to do is include anything that could be considered a "building"

Last edited:

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    353 should get some push back from LEO groups. It requires one to display a shield but conceal the duty gun. Why not just go with concealed or open with both? Hows that going to work when dropping off/picking up the kids while wearing the standard duty belt on the way to/from work?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    353 should get some push back from LEO groups. It requires one to display a shield but conceal the duty gun. Why not just go with concealed or open with both? Hows that going to work when dropping off/picking up the kids while wearing the standard duty belt on the way to/from work?

That part was debated last year big time. The difference this year is now they are imposing the restrictions on PRIVATE schools also. Reference Georgetown Preparatory School incident.

Seth

Sep 17, 2013
    We need more people to show up for this than sbowed up today. I will be there, will you?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'll do my best to attend. Requesting time off tomorrow.

Please do the same :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom