• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shane762

Jan 2, 2011
    New Market, MD
    My girlfriend (soon to be wife) and I did a regulated transfer this morning at the MSP Golden Ring barracks. We were the only ones there and the whole process took about fifteen minutes. While the officer who helped us was professional he did give a few of the standard, wrong, answers we've heard so many other people report.
    After we had finished the paperwork and gotten our copies back he told me to be sure not to transfer the firearm until I had heard back from the MSP. He then told me that I can call the licensing division in a few days to check on the paperwork and that they are little backed up.
    Ok, so only one bit of info that was flat out wrong. The other piece of information was an understatement of near biblical proportions. Apparently 130 days is a "little" backed up. :rolleyes:
    So all in all an easy and mostly good experience.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I was there at 1130 today and the 2 people behind me got the last 2 forms, so they are out until Monday just like bel air barracks. Got the same speech on the transfer, but he was nice.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Hmmm... so they get picky now and changes their statements... last month did a transfer to my old lady and prolly the same leo told me to transfer the handgun after 7 days... awkward...:sad20:

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    On Monday "I" wears told if I don't hear from them in 7 days, I could give the buyer the gun, and when the paperwork comes, just sign and send in! So I don't know who you saw, but this was a Sergeant I spoke with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    Just smile and nod.
    Then go about your business.

You probably understand the law better than he does.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hmmm... so they get picky now and changes their statements... last month did a transfer to my old lady and prolly the same leo told me to transfer the handgun after 7 days... awkward...:sad20:

If you were married to her, you did not have to go to the barracks or waIT.

Law says mail paperwork within 5 days of the transfer.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    If you were married to her, you did not have to go to the barracks or waIT.

Law says mail paperwork within 5 days of the transfer.

Just need to get forms 77R-1, 77R-2, and 77R-3 which are not available online and they won't freely give out at the barracks (so I have heard, they'll want you to do the transfer there). Thus, I'll be heading to the Frederick barracks a little later today with my wife. At least there is no fee involved. FWIW, it's possible a gun or pawn shop will share some of the blank forms with customers, but many are starting to run low on them, especially the busier stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    I was there at 1130 today and the 2 people behind me got the last 2 forms, so they are out until Monday just like bel air barracks. Got the same speech on the transfer, but he was nice.

I dont think Bel Air barracks is out of forms. I was at the Bel Air barracks (Benson Barracks off Rt 1 near Jones Junction Automall between Bel Air and Fallston) to do an xfer this morning and there were NO signs posted about being out of forms or anything (as reported in another thread here that I now cant find) . I did a transfer with a forum member there and he already had the all forms filled out and brought them.

When we informed the officer that we were there to do an Xfer, he gave NO indication that they couldnt do it. Just asked us to hold on a minute while he grabbed what he needed. I think if they were out of forms or unwilling to do it, theyd have said "Sorry we are out of forms" etc before I had a chance to tell them we had our own.

I was also at that same barracks there on Saturday around 11AM to check to see if they did Xfers on Sunday and they said yes, just come on in. Again Saturday there were NO signs on the building saying they were out of forms. Maybe they ran out in the afternoon but got more? Or could someone be talking about another barracks near Bel air? Because Saturday morning and This morning they seemed good to go

BTW both officers on Saturday and Sunday were extremely pleasant and helpful.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I dont think Bel Air barracks is out of forms. I was at the Bel Air barracks (Benson Barracks off Rt 1 near Jones Junction Automall between Bel Air and Fallston) to do an xfer this morning and there were NO signs posted about being out of forms or anything (as reported in another thread here that I now cant find) . I did a transfer with a forum member there and he already had the all forms filled out and brought them.

When we informed the officer that we were there to do an Xfer, he gave NO indication that they couldnt do it. Just asked us to hold on a minute while he grabbed what he needed. I think if they were out of forms or unwilling to do it, theyd have said "Sorry we are out of forms" etc before I had a chance to tell them we had our own.

I was also at that same barracks there on Saturday around 11AM to check to see if they did Xfers on Sunday and they said yes, just come on in. Again Saturday there were NO signs on the building saying they were out of forms. Maybe they ran out in the afternoon but got more? Or could someone be talking about another barracks near Bel air? Because Saturday morning and This morning they seemed good to go

BTW both officers on Saturday and Sunday were extremely pleasant and helpful.

Follow me much? Copy and paste much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom