• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    Aluminum/g10 handles with a m690 blade for 204 bucks doesn't seem like a good deal. Lots of good knives out there in that price range that have better materials all the way around, but it is your money.

nick at night

Mar 8, 2011
    You can get them for much lower than $204. If using knifeworks, they have a coupon code that will probably take it down to $160-$170. M390 is a fantastic steel, it holds a very good edge for a long time and is very corrosion resistant. I don't like assisted knives all that much though, The axis lock is extremely strong and will almost never fail.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I'm looking forward to what gets said here. I've been eyeballing the Barrage for a while now.

I'm a huge fan of the SOG Flash II with an aluminum handle. You should also check that out.

nick at night

Mar 8, 2011
    I very much dislike the standard model. The plastic handles are a pain and I've had several instances where my toes were in danger after it slipped out of my hand whole trying to close it.

The upgraded model (now available in mini) is the one to get, better steel and better handle material for a marginal price difference.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Really nice, well-made, solid knife. Blade opens very fast. Tight lockup with no play at all after more than a year of daily use; blade is still perfectly centered when folded. Wish I could say the same of my Spyderco Military after only a month of use.

Not super sharp out of the box, though. M390 Super Steel takes effort to get a good edge on it, but it holds up really well.

2012-01-03133649-2.jpg

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    It's basically Benchmade's highest end Blue class (production) folder.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    It's a nice knife, but if you want an aluminum and G10 spring assist for a duty knife, look at the Kershaw Blur series. About 1/3 the price, so if you lose it or break it on duty it's less of a loss. Still made in the USA (in PA) and rock solid. The Tanto/Combo edge has been my EDC for a year and a half now.

nick at night

Mar 8, 2011
    The blur is a great knife, serrated and tanto are both not my style (serrations are useless to me unless it's fully serrtated) but the blur is great.

Also check out the Zero Tolerance line, most of their knives are for hard use. Check out the 0300, 0350, and 0550.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    It's a nice knife, but if you want an aluminum and G10 spring assist for a duty knife, look at the Kershaw Blur series. About 1/3 the price, so if you lose it or break it on duty it's less of a loss. Still made in the USA (in PA) and rock solid. The Tanto/Combo edge has been my EDC for a year and a half now.

I went from a Kershaw Blur to a Benchmade Barrage for EDC. Not in the same league. Not even the same sport.

For the money the Blur is a decent knife, but it's no where near the quality. After a while, the blade on the Blur will loosen (I fixed mine with Loctite), it doesn't hold an edge very well, it doesn't lock up super-tight, and the overall quality just isn't even close; nor should you expect it to be. There's a reason it's 1/3 the price and can be purchased at Walmart.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    It's an excellent knife. Benchmade makes many of their Black Class models in automatics, which may be of interest. While the plunge lock isn't very strong, Benchmade's Auto-Axis is very strong and very fast. The Adamas is one of their biggest models...both the Auto-Axis and manual Axis are great. One of the reasons the Adamas has taken off so much is that it's blade and handle shape is equally-well suited for both utility AND self-defense.

24782.jpg

You may also like Benchmade's AFO/Auto-Stryker, Presidio, 710, Rift, Ritter Griptilian, Advanced Folding Combat Knife (AFCK) as some are similar to the Barrage. ZT's 0200, 0350, or 0300 may also interest you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom