• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric262

Nov 12, 2012
    After waiting 23 days for MSP not-disapproved, I picked up my new Gen4 G23 tonight. Not much to it, it's a glock. I seemed to consistently shoot left with it, not sure if I need to adjust the rear sight. Anyway, a few pics....

glock_23_1.jpg

glock_23_2.jpg

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Mostly likely not the Glock...the grip does take getting used to. if you are right handed, the following is from a shooting chart:

If your round is hitting center-left, you may be using too little of your trigger finger. Many agree that a good trigger finger placement is to have the trigger at your distal joint (the joint between the pads of your fingertip and mid-finger).

If your round is hitting high-left, you may be pushing the pistol in anticipation of recoil or may not be following through on your shot. Be sure to keep your wrist firm enough to account for recoil but not so firm that your muscles move the gun before/during/after the shot. Also, remember to keep proper form and grip throughout the shot.

If your round is hitting low-left (around 8 o'clock), you may be tightening your fingers too much as you fire the pistol. Hold your hand straight out in front of you and fold your fingers back and press the pads of your fingertips onto the heel of your hand. Generally, your hand will try to move slightly toward the inside of your wrist as your muscles tighten. You can see how this could be problematic.

If your round is hitting lower-left (around 7 o'clock), you may be jerking or slapping the trigger during your shot. Make sure that your trigger pull is smooth and deliberate.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    After waiting 23 days for MSP not-disapproved, I picked up my new Gen4 G23 tonight. Not much to it, it's a glock. I seemed to consistently shoot left with it, not sure if I need to adjust the rear sight. Anyway, a few pics....

glock_23_1.jpg

glock_23_2.jpg

Good luck and enjoy it. The shooting left is most likely not the gun but instead is a trigger pull issue. I do the same thing often that I struggle with when shooting my semiautomatic. The part I can't understand is that I don't seem to shoot to the left when I'm shooting my S&W 586 wheel gun.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Good luck and enjoy it. The shooting left is most likely not the gun but instead is a trigger pull issue. I do the same thing often that I struggle with when shooting my semiautomatic. The part I can't understand is that I don't seem to shoot to the left when I'm shooting my S&W 586 wheel gun.

****This is exactly the problem I have. I shoot great with my 586 - even double action, and consistently center left to high left on my Glocks. Will work on some of the solutions noted in a previous post.

Good info.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Grab an extended slide release when you can it makes it much better. I love my G23.

This! I have the slide release, mag release, hogue grip, ghost connector, and trijicon sights. Its a FANTASTIC shooter.

I shot left until i got comfortable with the Glock trigger now i shoot it very well.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    ****This is exactly the problem I have. I shoot great with my 586 - even double action, and consistently center left to high left on my Glocks. Will work on some of the solutions noted in a previous post.

Good info.

Have you ever seen these type charts before? These are for right handed shooters but I think all you would do is flip the issues for left handed shooters. They offer a suggestion of what the shooter may be doing wrong.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/79658-target-diagnosing-chart.html

http://www.nm-ccw.com/correction_chart.gif

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i went back from extended to normal slide releases on my g23 and 32. the grips are small enough that my thumb was pulling down on it and the slide was never staying back after going empty. problem solved. i do run extended slide releases on my 17 and 34 and 35 without any issues.

try getting a "-" connector and the 3 spring trigger lightening kit. this will lighten your trigger a little and may improve your accuracy/aim. these definitely won't get you anywhere near a 'hair' trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom