Would We Actually Need To Register Our Firearms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    So what is the "penalty" for using the "gun show loop hole" to sell firearms FTF?
    I mean everytime I hear something about a gunshow on the news they always mention the so called loop holes.

chromedragon70

Dec 29, 2012
    Eldersburg/Sykesville
    Someone mentioned an unregulated rifle (such as the colt HBAR MT) becoming a regulated weapon after the ban. Could that person have sold it FTF before the ban and therefore not have it anymore?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Lets say hypothetically, someone bought all their guns out of the trunk of someones car down in the alley behind the warehouses. MD law officials wouldn't have any record of said guns, now would they?

***** They would if you bought the guns out of the trunk of an FFL dealer who can no longer afford rent for the warehouse up the alley due to onerous regulations... ;)

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    WHILE CARRYING A COURT ORDER REQUIRING THE [FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook][FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook] [/FONT][/FONT]SURRENDER OF THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON

surrender= confiscation to me.

MDshooters

Mar 26, 2012
    Salisbury MD
    Um.. Remember.. If you used ffl in md.. It's already considered registered. ;)

Not exactly lx1x.

I know ARs and stuff are regulated in MD and not TX, but this is not QUITE the registration they are talking about.

First of all, I seriously doubt the ability for MD SP to even keep a datebase of the info and shell casings from the FFL.

Secondly, this new registration will lead to more than just an unorganized warehouse filled with papers with your SSN and the firearm's SN on it. We may be finger printed, and have tracking devices on our guns, and chips imbedded in our brains! :)

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    Let's not put the cart in front of the horse, don't forget we can still stop this garbage...Just make sure you show up in Annapolis on Wednesday 2/06/2013

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    You're not the only one who's confused. Consider this:

Under the earlier law, the one this bill amends, the AR-15 HBAR is not an "assault weapon", and is not subject to the waiting period or background check. It's a cash-and-carry sale at any gunshop. That language remains unchanged.

But SB281 defines rifles by features, and declares them assault weapons which must be registered. So where does that leave an HBAR owner?

Intentions aside, this bill is very poorly worded and very confusing.

Me too, I read the Bill 5x so hope others who better understand SB 281 PLEASE HELP US :D

It seems to me on our HBAR's, since their semi auto and have a pistol grip only their copy cat AW's now subject to registration/court order clause.

Cyndi59

I bought my AR-15 (Armalite) back in 2002,I had to wait seven days to take procession,at the time I it had a bayonet lug under the front sight railing..did not get it on the seventh day as it was a sunday and picked it up monday morning..my thing is why some AR's are cash and carry and yet I had to wait on paperwork and approved to take procession of my gun..so I'm trying to figure out what Beemeguy guy is saying..??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom