• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I don't have one yet and don't know what it would need. I had a thought about something the other day (I think installing free floating hand guard on my AR) but I'm not sure what it was and thought of you. it was more out of curiosity.

A free float could be fabricated but the problem lies in the gas tube, if you go with a floated handguard the gas tube should be unitized (Welded or Soldered) in place to optimize the accuracy potential and minimize vibration.

That would be a very cool setup. with a black buttstock.

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    Yeah I too am interested in getting one of these PSLs. Seems that some dont come with the scope, or some do and not the rubber...

Are these sold in parts kits?

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    Thanks. I seen on that page under the psl, there was a receiver. so that means, that all I would need ti do is buy that and fit it with a parts kit? or does someone in aaco know how to bend flats?

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    They can shoot, mine was MOA when I found its favored loads. I have since sold her, but she was a looker after I reworked her.

CIGUR Built/Romainia

DSC00085.jpg

Im building up another one to shoot my YHM 7.62 Sound Suppressor on.

You know, I have to say, that is the nicest PSL/Dragunov I have ever seen. probably one of the nicest rifles in general I have seen. I hope if I ever get my PSL it will be half as nice.:bowdown:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You know, I have to say, that is the nicest PSL/Dragunov I have ever seen. probably one of the nicest rifles in general I have seen. I hope if I ever get my PSL it will be half as nice.:bowdown:

Thankyou Sirex. That rifle was a labor of love. I did did everything possible to wring out every bit of accuracy. They have great potential.

I miss mine.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If ever I decide to get one, could I send you my wood? :D

:)

Yes, I can do it and will if requested, but its not a quick or easy job. The wood you see took me a year to complete, and about 60 hours of labor. Its easily a $500.00 job.

I have done 4 similar PAL Stock Refinish Requests, 3 of the 4 got pissed 6 months in (They were told it would take a year to finish) and cancelled. The one customer loved the result but is afraid to shoot the gun since its so pretty. The finish is super hard and durable but will dent and scratch if abused.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    $500 for just the wood? Or was that $500 to wring out the accuracy?:innocent0

$500 is just the wood. Trying to trick me eh? ;)

The additional work would be about $1100.00, that would include:

Trigger Kit and Trigger Job
    Weld on Safety Tab
    Action Polish
    Hammer Contour
    Tune Safety
    Contour Trigger
    Tack Welding the Scope Rail
    Extractor Polish and tuning
    Polish Feed Ramp, and Polish the Feed Ramps on all 5 Mags
    Polish Chamber
    Lap Bore
    Reface and Recrown the Barrel
    Unitize the Piston/Carrier
    Cyro Treat the Barreled Action
    Refinish in Ceracote and the 5 Mags

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Ok my son is driving me nuts about this dam riffle so I thought I would look into it for him as I'm sure I will have to buy one sooner or later. My real question is were is a good place to buy one from and some things I should be looking for in them. I know a little bit about them but am no expert by any means. I did a serch for romanian dragounov & just dragounov and didn't find anything so I thought I would pick some peoples minds for any ifno they had on this weapon.

post something in the WTBs and try to get a private sale. gunstores often have them overpriced. honestly no matter what i wouldnt pay more than 900 for one. basically a glorified AK. ive seen them in private sales go for as low as $400, all the way up to $800. depending on quality, finish, and such. if you do a good refinishing job on the wood you can make these look pretty sweet. just hate how some/all have permanent flash hiders. good luck!

chad thats the best looking PSL ive ever seen. thats what the furniture on my friends looked like before he put it on a bunch of paper towels to 'dry' and he RUINED it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom