• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Why come into a thread to claim retreat when others are working on how to fight?

Wish you all the best for your eventual move.

I've been a member here for 5 years and reading threads on how "others are working on how to fight." I haven't seen one victory for the 2A in Maryland since I've been here. And if you consider the Handgun permit review board a victory, I apologize. I've donated money, time, emails, and phone calls. I've tried to educate people, but all I've received in return from Maryland in regards to the 2A is NOTHING. I'm not getting any younger and tired of the constant threat on what's left of my 2A rights in this state. Some of us eventually realize before others that victory isn't possible. I admire and respect those of you who continue to fight, but even Stevie Wonder can clearly see that Maryland is a lost cause. We haven't won with 3 out of the 4 boxes of freedom and the 4th will never be used. Marylanders will NEVER get back the 2A rights that were lost. Some people will continue to spin their tires in the mud, digging themselves deeper with no way of getting free. Others like me aren't too proud to realize it's a lost cause and call for a buddy with a chain to pull us out. Difference is a truck can be rescued and towed back to solid ground. Maryland can't. I'll do what I can while I'm still here, but I know it's all in vain.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Contact montoya32 ...

But you do realize that you will need to fight sometime in the future. Californication isn't just happening in the PRofMD.

Thank you
    I realize that. However, while my home state of WV was shall issue and then went to constitutional carry, Maryland all but refuses permits to people and passed some of the dumbest bs gun laws in the country and us pushing for more. Our 2A fight in Maryland is like Vietnam and Afghanistan...victory is unobtainable.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Why come into a thread to claim retreat when others are working on how to fight?

Wish you all the best for your eventual move.

I'm not the only one who feels this way. I have 3 buddies who are MSP Troopers and they're already getting things in motion to move to WV as soon as they retire due to Maryland's bs gun laws. You know it's bad and a lost cause when those that are charged with enforcing the law can't wait to retire so they can move.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thank you
    I realize that. However, while my home state of WV was shall issue and then went to constitutional carry, Maryland all but refuses permits to people and passed some of the dumbest bs gun laws in the country and us pushing for more. Our 2A fight in Maryland is like Vietnam and Afghanistan...victory is unobtainable.

You don't need to remind me about the PRofMD. I've lived here all of my life and have watched the decline. But, since you live in Wild and Wonderful WV, where many of my relatives also live on the Ohio Valley side, I'll leave you with two works ...

Joe Manchin :innocent0

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I've been a member here for 5 years and reading threads on how "others are working on how to fight." I haven't seen one victory for the 2A in Maryland since I've been here. And if you consider the Handgun permit review board a victory, I apologize. I've donated money, time, emails, and phone calls. I've tried to educate people, but all I've received in return from Maryland in regards to the 2A is NOTHING. I'm not getting any younger and tired of the constant threat on what's left of my 2A rights in this state. Some of us eventually realize before others that victory isn't possible. I admire and respect those of you who continue to fight, but even Stevie Wonder can clearly see that Maryland is a lost cause. We haven't won with 3 out of the 4 boxes of freedom and the 4th will never be used. Marylanders will NEVER get back the 2A rights that were lost. Some people will continue to spin their tires in the mud, digging themselves deeper with no way of getting free. Others like me aren't too proud to realize it's a lost cause and call for a buddy with a chain to pull us out. Difference is a truck can be rescued and towed back to solid ground. Maryland can't. I'll do what I can while I'm still here, but I know it's all in vain.

Wow. Take your blinders off.

It's true that no pro-gun laws have been passed in Maryland, probably in my lifetime. But Since 2013 when I joined this forum a lot of bad gun laws have been defeated. If every bill I've fought against in Maryland was passed, Maryland would be much worse than New York, California, and Connecticut.

I live in Colorado now but continue to fight the Maryland legislature. Just today I called the MD Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee and let them know I oppose the 10 round mag ban bill. I have a feeling that bill will either die in committee or will be amended to outlaw the possession of mags acquired after a certain date but to grandfather mags currently owned. However, if we all threw in the towel that bill would become law, along with 15 other bills that are just as bad or worse.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    It's called incrementalism. 10 rounds this year, 7 rounds two years from now.

7 rounds was already tested in New York. Think they had to roll it back to 10 because 7 round mags could not be bought for most guns. Believe that is what the court held.

lol - mag capacity limit is 10 rounds, which can only be used at the range. At all other times, only 7 rounds can be loaded into a mag with a 10 round capacity. Have to wonder how many homeowners are only loading their 10 round mags with 7 rounds.

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/large-capacity-ammunition-magazines-in-new-york/

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Boy am I glad the boat sank during my trip to Cape May last year. :bannana:

How would they ever have any data showing you ever bought a mag with 11+ capacity. The boat does not need to sink. Nobody would be knocking on your door unless you really piss off your girlfriend/spouse and they know you own 11+ mags. Or, just bury them under the foundation a la John Wick and go get them when the SHTF.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    You don't need to remind me about the PRofMD. I've lived here all of my life and have watched the decline. But, since you live in Wild and Wonderful WV, where many of my relatives also live on the Ohio Valley side, I'll leave you with two works ...

Joe Manchin :innocent0

I use to live in WV and am currently wanting to go back. Joe Manchin didn't gut WVs 2A. O'Malley, Frosh, Busch, and Miller are far worse than Manchin ever was or will be.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Wow. Take your blinders off.

It's true that no pro-gun laws have been passed in Maryland, probably in my lifetime. But Since 2013 when I joined this forum a lot of bad gun laws have been defeated. If every bill I've fought against in Maryland was passed, Maryland would be much worse than New York, California, and Connecticut.

I live in Colorado now but continue to fight the Maryland legislature. Just today I called the MD Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee and let them know I oppose the 10 round mag ban bill. I have a feeling that bill will either die in committee or will be amended to outlaw the possession of mags acquired after a certain date but to grandfather mags currently owned. However, if we all threw in the towel that bill would become law, along with 15 other bills that are just as bad or worse.

Might wanna take your blinders off. First, the number you called never gets answered and you never get a call back. You wasted your time on that call. You have to call representatives directly. Defeating continuous bills trying to erode 2A rights aren't victories...you're not winning anything, just holding the line. If you weren't born and raised in a pretty darned free state, then it's hard to comprehend just how crappy Maryland is. I wanna win. Unfortunately, I've come to the realization in a short time that 2A victory in Maryland is impossible. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm willing to bet my house(which is in close proximity to our jobs and the kids' schools) by moving, that I'm right. Optimists feel free to buy me out.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Calm down now Fabs and have a nice quiet glass of Chianti. Just joking. The boat didn't sink, it fell into a sink hole. :D

I already popped a small bottle of champagne with my wife. She got it as a present in the mail today. Ate all the salsa and chips and am about to eat myself out of depression with a couple of cheeseburgers and a hot dog or two with deli mustard and sauerkraut. I should feel better after dinner, when I am in a food coma.

Once I snap out of it, I'll start looking at homes in Georgia. My wife is alright with Georgia.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Might wanna take your blinders off. First, the number you called never gets answered and you never get a call back. You wasted your time on that call. You have to call representatives directly. Defeating continuous bills trying to erode 2A rights aren't victories...you're not winning anything, just holding the line. If you weren't born and raised in a pretty darned free state, then it's hard to comprehend just how crappy Maryland is. I wanna win. Unfortunately, I've come to the realization in a short time that 2A victory in Maryland is impossible. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm willing to bet my house(which is in close proximity to our jobs and the kids' schools) by moving, that I'm right. Optimists feel free to buy me out.

If you weren't born and raised in a pretty darned free state, then it's hard to comprehend just how crappy Maryland is.

Yep, I grew up in Communist New Jersey. So I moved to the "free" state. Not gonna be free much longer at the rate we are going. I'm stuck here for the time being so I might as well do my best to keep what little freedom we have left.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I use to live in WV and am currently wanting to go back. Joe Manchin didn't gut WVs 2A. O'Malley, Frosh, Busch, and Miller are far worse than Manchin ever was or will be.

Don't kid yourself, Manchin is a slimebag. He'd fit right in here in MD, and he's no friend to WV.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado

My family goes back to colonial days in Maryland. I was born and raised in Baltimore, moved away when I was in the Navy, then moved back. 3 1/2 years ago my job moved me to Colorado. I know just how bad Maryland is,believe me. I was writing letters and fighting the 1988 Saturday Night Special ban and I signed he petition and voted against it in the referendum (my first time voting). I've been fighting Maryland ever since.

If the legislators submit a bill to ban possession of 10 round magazines and we continue to make noise and the bill isn't passed, isn't that a victory?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I already popped a small bottle of champagne with my wife. She got it as a present in the mail today. Ate all the salsa and chips and am about to eat myself out of depression with a couple of cheeseburgers and a hot dog or two with deli mustard and sauerkraut. I should feel better after dinner, when I am in a food coma.

Once I snap out of it, I'll start looking at homes in Georgia. My wife is alright with Georgia.

Take me with you. I make a good house guest. I swear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom