• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    After spending all morning hunting for more than word of mouth advice, I can't find hard evidence whether this knife is legal or not in MD and/or Baltimore city.
    Anyone know for absolute fact either way or know a legitimate source that would clear it up for me?
    Thanks!

http://www.spyderco.com/pix/products/large/C12G_L.jpg

Dave Greenberg

Oct 24, 2015
    Millersville
    After spending all morning hunting for more than word of mouth advice, I can't find hard evidence whether this knife is legal or not in MD and/or Baltimore city.
    Anyone know for absolute fact either way or know a legitimate source that would clear it up for me?
    Thanks!

http://www.spyderco.com/pix/products/large/C12G_L.jpg

That is a bad ass knife. Looks like a karambit. As long as it is not spring assisted you are ok. Maryland doesn't have one of those retarded length limits.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Good to know. Ordered it last night. Should have it today.
    This will be my "going out in Baltimore city cesspool" knife.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Their serrated hawkbill knives dig in and cut like nothing else, awesome for zipties and bulk hose, had the civilian's little brother a Matriarch in my pocket for a number of years as a mechanic. They do have a model with the Emerson Wave, and prefer tip-up carry but can't really go wrong with a civilian if you are stuck with a folder for concealed defense, that is basically what it was designed for.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    It says it's different from a hawkbill, a reverse S curve actually. Not sure what the difference is. They look the same to me.

Some of the pics I saw of it online leads me to believe I can move the clip to run tip up or down depending on what I prefer.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    It says it's different from a hawkbill, a reverse S curve actually. Not sure what the difference is. They look the same to me.

Some of the pics I saw of it online leads me to believe I can move the clip to run tip up or down depending on what I prefer.

The Civilian G10 is tip down/right hand only, always has been, you probably could drill and tap it for a tip-up clip like the Matriarch has. reverse S, modified hawksbill, modified reverse recurve karambit, probably 100 ways to describe the awesome and goofy blade shape on it:D

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Arrived today. The clip can be moved to the other end of the handle. Once I find the smallest torx I've ever seen I'll do that.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Arrived today. The clip can be moved to the other end of the handle. Once I find the smallest torx I've ever seen I'll do that.

That's awesome, must have started drilling them, most of their big blades(military, civilian, police) were tip down only because the heavy blade popped open inadvertently while drawing, and if tip-up you would have to adjust your grip to reach the spider hole at the other end of the long handle. Despite all that most prefer tip-up on everything, they put a stronger spring in the new police, and drilled it for tip-up, didn't know they did it for the civilian or military yet.

Most decent knives use tiny torx screws and a few other odd drivers, this surprisingly good set from Harbour freight has just about all of them. http://www.harborfreight.com/32-piece-screwdriver-set-with-tweezers-97517.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom