• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snake-eye

Jan 27, 2015
    MD
    Check out the guns being auctioned off at Alex Cooper in Towson MD this Saturday April 11

Last edited:

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    How does this work with the HQL? Not all of these handguns are C&R.
    If it's not a C&R handgun, you are going to need a HQL just like if you bought it at a gun store. I do not know if they let you bid (and possibly win) with the hope that one day you will apply for a HQL.

lumbermut

May 2, 2013
    Timonium, MD
    Are they an FFL or would I need to transfer it?

I stopped over there on Monday and they were nice enough to let me preview the few items that I was interested in. I asked them if they were an FFL; they said that they are and would handle the paperwork there (no transfer). I believe they charge $12(?) for the paperwork. Also told them about lot #119 (not on the roster). Wonder if they will pull it during the auction????

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    I don't think they need to pull #119. It just can't be purchased by a Maryland buyer but can be purchased by an out of state buyer and transferred to an FFL in that state?

lumbermut

May 2, 2013
    Timonium, MD
    I don't think they need to pull #119. It just can't be purchased by a Maryland buyer but can be purchased by an out of state buyer and transferred to an FFL in that state?

I would be curious to see if they make that announcement. When I told the guy that I thought it wasn't on the roster, he looked confused and asked "roster?"

I won't be at the auction, hopefully someone can report back.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    That defaced luger is a heart breaker

I looked at it again. They mean the holster had the owners name scratched out, not the gun.

Oh well, it's not going to sell as cheap as the current bid of $350.

I don't think the online bidding is ebay style, meaning the guy that bid on the luger had a max bid of $350. I you were to bid $500, it wouldn't show a high bid of 355 or 360, it would go right to $500.

I've not seen them announce a reserve, unless the bidding doesn't get as high as the reserve.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That 20% buyers premium has to be considered when bidding. There are few items I may bid on, but in an auction like this, the final winning bid is much higher than the actual value.

snake-eye

Jan 27, 2015
    MD
    I plan to go and see how things go. They do FFL there as was stated earlier. The bids they show are not always the starting bid but what they think the starting bid online is to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom