• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Hey everyone,
    So I decided that I needed an M1 Garand, So i have been looking in to getting one from CMP. But I can't seem to find a club that doesn't cost a fortune and make you jump through a ton of hoops. Does anyone know of any clubs that are cheap and easy to join. CMP mentioned on their site they thought there should be ones that cost about $25 and you should be able to signup completely online.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Garand Collectors Association or GCA is 30 a year

M1 collectors club I believe it is the name is local. Rockville I believe and they are 25?

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    Garand Collectors Association or GCA is 30 a year

M1 collectors club I believe it is the name is local. Rockville I believe and they are 25?

If you decide to join the GCA, just report that on your CMP order form. There is no need to wait for the GCA card to send in the CMP order because the GCA reports membership directly to Anniston (or if GCA is behind in reporting the CMP will contact GCA directly for confirmation).

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013
    M1 Collector's Club in Bethesda is only $14. Just Google the name and you will find the link. I did that one and it was very easy...just mailed off the check and got the material in about a week.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Good luck on your order. I just put an order for another one myself. BTW, word is that they are going to put a limited supply of AP ammo on the site for sale on 1/10 or later. Based on the limited supply they are posting, good guess it will sell out quickly (ie hours or maybe a few days... not weeks). Details on the the CMP's forum page in the Ask Orest section.

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    Was the DVD some special, one off thing? I joined a few months ago and I've since received two issues of the magazine but I'm still bereft of Garand video joy.

The DVD was a one-time thing, but you can still get it for $10 on the online store.

Irish64

Mar 13, 2013
    Monrovia
    Sorry if this a threadjack...but...Along with club membership, they mention proof that have been involved in competition shooting. Is that not required if you are a member of an affiliated club?

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    Sorry if this a threadjack...but...Along with club membership, they mention proof that have been involved in competition shooting. Is that not required if you are a member of an affiliated club?

You still need it in addition to the club, but it doesn't have to be competition related. It can be a MD hunter's safety card or an out of state concealed pistol license, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom