• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Trust me, I'm not a member, but I enjoy watching them foam at the mouth, virtually speaking. Not so fun this time.
    Hope we can all help the NRA defeat these idiots.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Dear MoveOn member,

Remember the feeling when Congress voted down the first common-sense gun measures being considered in years?

Shock. Sadness. Anger.

The one bright spot was that a bunch of states like Colorado did pass important new laws to reduce gun violence. Now the NRA is trying to make sure that never happens again.

They want to make an example out of Sen. John Morse—who courageously led the fight for Colorado's stronger gun laws—in order to bully and intimidate elected officials around the country. The NRA has launched a huge effort to recall Morse, and he's in serious danger. We urgently need to get John's back to show state leaders around the country that gun violence prevention is both the right thing to do and a winning election issue.

Click here to donate $5 to help Colorado Senate President John Morse beat the NRA.

The NRA scared enough U.S. Senators to defeat a federal universal background check bill in April.2 But courageous leaders at the local level like Sen. Morse didn't bend under pressure from the NRA, and he wasn't alone. Colorado State Senator Angela Giron bravely cast the deciding committee vote on key measures, like banning guns on college campuses—the NRA is trying to recall her too.3

We've got to have their backs now.

Sens. Morse and Giron need to immediately begin mobilizing their base against the NRA. Will you donate $5 to make sure the NRA doesn't defeat these gun violence prevention champions?

Yes, I'll donate $5.

Thanks for all you do.

–Garlin, Stephen, Victoria, Susannah, and the rest of the team

Sources:

1. "Facing a Recall After Supporting Stronger Gun Laws in Colorado," The New York Times, July 28, 2013
    http://www.moveon.org/r/?r=292224&id=74537-25219459-fU7Wbux&t=4

"Battle ahead as Colorado Democrat John Morse fights gun-based recall," The Denver Post, June 3, 2013
    http://www.moveon.org/r/?r=290713&id=74537-25219459-fU7Wbux&t=5

2. "Senate Scuttles Gun Limits," The Wall Street Journal, April 18, 2013
    http://www.moveon.org/r/?r=290711&id=74537-25219459-fU7Wbux&t=6

"Polls Plummet For Senators Who Voted No On Gun Background Checks," Talking Points Memo, April 29, 2013
    http://www.moveon.org/r/?r=290712&id=74537-25219459-fU7Wbux&t=7

3. "Colorado lawmakers advance gun control bills," KKCO 11 News, March 5, 2013
    http://www.moveon.org/r/?r=292587&id=74537-25219459-fU7Wbux&t=8

Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 8 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.

PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to Gary Shrout on September 6, 2013. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.

Shane762

Jan 2, 2011
    New Market, MD
    Every time I get one of their emails I send them a return email thanking them for reminding me to donate some more money to the NRA and the SAF.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    3 days away from this vote. It is going to be a wild one. I have faith that no amount of money will keep these people in office.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Heh... the NRA with millions of members is "bullying," but a much smaller group funded by a handful of billionaires is "helping."

I wish I could say that the recall should be left solely to the people of Colorado, but we all know that Bloomy won't have that.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Heh... the NRA with millions of members is "bullying," but a much smaller group funded by a handful of billionaires is "helping."

I wish I could say that the recall should be left solely to the people of Colorado, but we all know that Bloomy won't have that.

They will bus in people to protect the rights of dead people to vote.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I read this morning that anti-recall side in CO has raised over 3 million dollars while the pro recall side has only raised about 260,000. I really hope this isn't indicative of the outcome.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The Anti's have Billionaires backing them. The Americans have to raise it a dollar at a time.

I believe there are very very few true antis out there. Most are either politicians or leftist elites, and get their backing from Soros and a few others.
    I don't think they're that organized at least on this particular topic.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I read this morning that anti-recall side in CO has raised over 3 million dollars while the pro recall side has only raised about 260,000. I really hope this isn't indicative of the outcome.

Great... and thanks to hordes of low-information voters, you can virtually buy votes by having better TV commercials and more of them than your opponents.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Yep - that's about it. It's similar to us flooding Annapolis and outdoing the opposition 50 to 1 and still losing. Maddening.

Actually, that's even worse. SB 281 passed for one reason and one reason alone: to be a bullet point on Martin O'Malley's resume during the 2016 Democratic Primaries. Many favors were promised to Baltimore and PG County if they supported and the most of the MD Dems went along for the ride, knowing that anyone who would be pissed off wasn't voting for them anyway and MOM wanted it. Frosh grandstanded the whole time, in the hopes of becoming Governor.

Pure political pandering of the lowest order. Most of them weren't even listening to us. The money didn't matter, the letters didn't matter, the protests didn't matter. Frosh even giggled like a little girl after seeing the Annapolis Rally. It was funny to him, pissing off that many Republicans at the same time and knowing that nothing we could do would matter because the Dems have complete, unchallenged control of the state. At least the recall has the anti-gun politicians worried. Frosh, MOM, and their cronies laughed in our faces because they knew that 4,000 of us were never a threat.

God, I hate how powerless I feel in this state.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Case in point: in 2012, one man, Mayor Bloomberg, outspent the NRA ($25M vs. $24M) on anti gun initiatives, supporting anti canditates, etc. mind you, the NRA has over 4 M members.....one man vs 4 million

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom