Chance of hunters at Prettyboy, Parkton on my bike ride tomorrow.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I'm taking my mt bike for a short ride tomorrow near the address of

3277 Beckleysville Rd, Parkton, MD 21120

I'll follow that south and SE to the point of that peninsula. What are my chances of getting shot?

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Lol, you’re much more likely to die in an auto accident on the way there. Matter of fact you might want to start wrapping yourself in bubble wrap now.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    Lol, you’re much more likely to die in an auto accident on the way there. Matter of fact you might want to start wrapping yourself in bubble wrap now.

It's also a pain if you're hunting and crazy mt. bikers come tearing though your staked-out area. I'd like to not be rude, so...

Attachments

• daily_picdump_3284_640_48.jpg
      daily_picdump_3284_640_48.jpg
      57.9 KB · Views: 690

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I would not worry about getting shot on the trail. I’ve hunted within sight of it many times over many years. You might have more problems dodging the runners. They have been doing some sort of running race on the trail on opening day of the gunning season for as long as I can remember.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It's also a pain if you're hunting and crazy mt. bikers come tearing though your staked-out area. I'd like to not be rude, so...

I will say that is considerate of you. Most stuff is multi-use for public and that’s fair and good. But I do find some folks just don’t care about other users (or some go out of their way to mess up hunters).

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    I will say that is considerate of you. Most stuff is multi-use for public and that’s fair and good. But I do find some folks just don’t care about other users (or some go out of their way to mess up hunters).

You don't get along in this world being and a**hole all the time...I like to temper my a-hole behavior to a moderate level.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    I was assuming you would be riding the NCR trail of which very little of borders the reservoir property.

No, not NCR. That's nice, but I want more excitement. Some rocks and logs to spice up the ride is what I'm after. I may not find it out there, but I want to see what's there and not being familiar with the area it occurred to me it's far away enough from the city it could be taken over by hunters.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    I'd avoid it honestly. Or go mid day 11-2

By the time you posted we were in the woods. Saw two bow hunters just strolling along. Answered that we wouldn’t be a problem and might just scare some deer their way.

Pretty tame fire roads and not much elevation, but beautiful being out there.

Attachments

• B0EBF381-73F1-43BD-9F40-731D2C91B5FE.jpg
      B0EBF381-73F1-43BD-9F40-731D2C91B5FE.jpg
      131.2 KB · Views: 264

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    By the time you posted we were in the woods. Saw two bow hunters just strolling along. Answered that we wouldn’t be a problem and might just scare some deer their way.

Pretty tame fire roads and not much elevation, but beautiful being out there.

If you are worried about getting shot try Fair Hill NMRA in Cecil County 5,000 acres and no firearm hunting except during the Managed Hunt in January and they close the park for that; the allowed bow hunting is strictly regulated.
    Link to bow hunting regs.
    https://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/Documents/FH_BOWHUNTING.pdf

80+ miles of marked trails and plenty of elevation, look at the trail map.
    Highest point >400 feet lowest <110 feet.

About the park:
    https://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/Pages/central/fairhill.aspx

Direct link to trails map:
    https://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/Documents/FairHill_trailmap.pdf

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    If you are worried about getting shot try Fair Hill NMRA in Cecil County 5,000 acres and no firearm hunting except during the Managed Hunt in January and they close the park for that; the allowed bow hunting is strictly regulated.
    Link to bow hunting regs.
    https://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/Documents/FH_BOWHUNTING.pdf

80+ miles of marked trails and plenty of elevation, look at the trail map.
    Highest point >400 feet lowest <110 feet.

About the park:
    https://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/Pages/central/fairhill.aspx

Direct link to trails map:
    https://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/Documents/FairHill_trailmap.pdf
    I have researched and went maybe 20 years ago. Thanks.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I used to bow hunt liberty many years back and always found deer tails that came from the hiking trails and hunted them. People and their dogs always pushed deer down them. Smart bow hunters will do the same. The ignorant, lazy or new ones will hunt near the trail and be frustrated.

Now, I stayed out of there during gun and turkey season because people brought guns both times.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I used to bow hunt liberty many years back and always found deer tails that came from the hiking trails and hunted them. People and their dogs always pushed deer down them. Smart bow hunters will do the same. The ignorant, lazy or new ones will hunt near the trail and be frustrated.

Now, I stayed out of there during gun and turkey season because people brought guns both times.
    where on liberty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom