Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Looks interesting.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    :D . Happy to help. I haven't even ordered my P228 yet......
    I have all the parts, but I've been dragging my feet on getting it all done. I have the machining done and I hope, this week, I'll be able to assemble it. ;)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Well I guess that doesn't mean I need to get my HQL to pick up one of the P320's. Outstanding. I wonder what the price will be for one of these.

Figure roughly the cost of a P320 if the other 80% offerings are any indicator. You might want to get the slide assembly now.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Glad I held off on the 80% Glock :D And sorry I sold an extra lower module I thought I'd never use!

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Oh god, that would be fantastic.

I've been dicking around with the idea of doing an 80% P228 for a good while now. One of these would be even better.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    After checking some SIG forums, it looks like there are already some issue with parts availability on the caliber change and grip frames.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Wouldn't it make more sense to just buy a whole 320 and take possession of everything but the chassis? That way you're not buying it piece by piece and you get the mags.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Wouldn't it make more sense to just buy a whole 320 and take possession of everything but the chassis? That way you're not buying it piece by piece and you get the mags.

Look Pal, don't try to make this easy.....

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    After checking some SIG forums, it looks like there are already some issue with parts availability on the caliber change and grip frames.

They are hard to find but they come in stock semi-often so usually you can just get on a waitlist for whatever it is you want.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It seems that the x change kits (which have about everything you need) are pretty much sold out everywhere. You CAN still find them. This is gonna be fun.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I don't think the xchange kit will be the hard part. Will take some time but they are not going to stop making them.

The big selling feature from sig is the interchangeable nature of the gun, so those parts will come available as supply catches up to demand. Especially as they are going to really heavily invest in streamlining production since winning the Army contract.

What will be hard is all the fire control parts. Those are the parts not designed to interchange, they stay in the chassis from one system to the next. The little pins, springs, bars etc. the P320 doesn't have the aftermarket that the glock does so you will be getting them as sig genuine parts, and only manufactured in qty estimated for gunsmith repair parts.....

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don't think the xchange kit will be the hard part. Will take some time but they are not going to stop making them.

The big selling feature from sig is the interchangeable nature of the gun, so those parts will come available as supply catches up to demand. Especially as they are going to really heavily invest in streamlining production since winning the Army contract.

What will be hard is all the fire control parts. Those are the parts not designed to interchange, they stay in the chassis from one system to the next. The little pins, springs, bars etc. the P320 doesn't have the aftermarket that the glock does so you will be getting them as sig genuine parts, and only manufactured in qty estimated for gunsmith repair parts.....

Thanks for bringing that up. I wasn't aware, not being a Sig guy. I'll have to investigate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom