• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Having never been to a pig roast of this type, I'm trying to picture the venue. Something like this, I guess?

Attachments

• thunderdome.jpg
      thunderdome.jpg
      111.7 KB · Views: 123

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Can someone answer me this one question? For .224 Valerie can I use 6.8 SPC mags . Thanks for the answer ahead of time!

Don't you be mucking up this super important thread with .224 Valkeryie talk. No gun talk in the theft of Hogan's red flag bill. You might be receiving a PM to delete your transgression of a post. Now, I dislike you because I have to go looking for the Sarcasm button to make sure nobody takes this post the wrong way, and I really do despise emojis.

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Don't you be mucking up this super important thread with .224 Valkeryie talk. No gun talk in the theft of Hogan's red flag bill. You might be receiving a PM to delete your transgression of a post. Now, I dislike you because I have to go looking for the Sarcasm button to make sure nobody takes this post the wrong way, and I really do despise emojis.

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

You need to go to the PV school of proper emoji usage. ;)

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Having never been to a pig roast of this type, I'm trying to picture the venue. Something like this, I guess?

Yeah, that would be a picture of a friendly pig roast. The cage is thicker at ours and people wear a lot more spikes and modern body armor instead of simple leather. Luckily, no guns or children allowed, but bring your knives, chainsaws, bats, hammers, etc. to the pig roast. lol

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    You need to go to the PV school of proper emoji usage. ;)

Emojis and I do not get along right now. I tried to make an emoji out of "lol" yesterday and buggered that all up. Think I am starting to get the hang of it though. I need a colon before and after the emoji and I need to put spaces between the emojis. I will eventually commit some of these others to memory. In a decade or two, I'll be giving P5 a run for his emoji usage.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Fabs , congrats on the home thing . I am truly happy for your family:thumbsup:

Yeah, it has not happened yet. We looked at a house we really liked this past weekend. It had some short coming, but I really liked the yard and the wood flooring throughout the first two levels. We went home to work up an offer on it, and it went pending about an hour later. It had been on the market for a week. My wife and I have finally decided to stop looking at existing homes and to look at a lot to build the home we want on. Right now, I am pondering whether to act as the GC on the build and do most of the finish work myself, or to hire a GC to build the shell so I can do the finish work myself. Probably going to go the latter route. Just need to find a lot now. So, we are done burning time looking at home. Now, we are burning time looking at lots.

Hoping this is a nightmare that turns into a dream with a happy ending, referring to both this thread and building a house.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    You do.

In the Harrisburg organizing thread, you thought it was important enough to post more than a dozen messages and then DELETE all of them later.

What was that about?

Not a clue, I look forward not behind. I don't archive nor forensically search old posts to play Johnnie Cochran. "If the post fits, you must acquit!"

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Yeah, it has not happened yet. We looked at a house we really liked this past weekend. It had some short coming, but I really liked the yard and the wood flooring throughout the first two levels. We went home to work up an offer on it, and it went pending about an hour later. It had been on the market for a week. My wife and I have finally decided to stop looking at existing homes and to look at a lot to build the home we want on. Right now, I am pondering whether to act as the GC on the build and do most of the finish work myself, or to hire a GC to build the shell so I can do the finish work myself. Probably going to go the latter route. Just need to find a lot now. So, we are done burning time looking at home. Now, we are burning time looking at lots.

Hoping this is a nightmare that turns into a dream with a happy ending, referring to both this thread and building a house.

Just a word of caution on being a GC , it is a frustrating job . My family did it on a piece of commercial property we now own . After you get through it , it is fine but living at the moment it is very difficult to say the least .

Just a heads up for you and your wife :thumbsup:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Not a clue, I look forward not behind. I don't archive nor forensically search old posts to play Johnnie Cochran. "If the post fits, you must acquit!"

One of the posts you left up in the Harrisburg organizing thread was a Nazi motto—no comment or context there, just a Nazi motto in the original German.

No offer to join or help....just a Nazi motto?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Tell the whole story: You started a Bump Stock info thread and then put in six long posts about your dreams for real estate purchases and a bigger house. From "your bump stock thread". These are just 2 of the 6...

I complained privately to you in a personal message about junking up an important bump stock thread during the time action was underway on bump stocks in Annapolis. Your response: you left your 6 long real estate posts right where they were.

Game, set, match, Fabs.....that's how it goes around here sometimes.

As for being a mod, not needed. If people continue to dive into organizing threads to debate the topic and insult people who are volunteering, well, activism will just suffer because that will be what people prefer.

I went back and went through the thread. You keep mentioning that there were 6 spots I spoke about houses. You provided two quotes. Now, I am curious to see the other 4 quotes from that thread.

Also, please take note that within the thread in question, which began as a HB888 - grandfather clause bill, you turned it into your personal quest for plaintiffs for your litigation crusade against HB888. I knew you had been clamoring about litigation somewhere, just forgot it was in the thread I started. Please, keep my threads on point if you want me to keep them on point. Next time, start your own thread to clamor about litigation and seek plaintiffs.

Now, I am waiting for you to start this litigation crusade that you decried from the mountain tops. In my opinion, I think it will end just like the Crusades ended for the Christians. However, carry on with it.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Just a word of caution on being a GC , it is a frustrating job . My family did it on a piece of commercial property we now own . After you get through it , it is fine but living at the moment it is very difficult to say the least .

Yeah, that is my worry. I am leaning toward hiring a GC to take care of getting the house weather tight and getting plumbing, electrical, and HVAC set up. A buddy of mine has acted as the GC on two houses that he built for himself. Thinking about hiring him as a consultant IF I decide to be the GC myself. I am trying to figure out if I have the time to learn everything that is involved with being the GC, or if I should just hire somebody to do it. May should be a pretty fun month.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

So much so it can be very lucrative or drain your life. The good ones do cost more. So many times my wife's clients just had to go with low bidder, and it ends up not as planned. You really have to plan a lot. The lot itself gets scrutinized for water and drainage issues, then of course zoning and meeting all the building codes.

I am trying to figure out if I have the time to learn everything that is involved with being the GC, or if I should just hire somebody to do it. May should be a pretty fun month.

Do you want to build a simple home or one with details? If the latter, it takes finding people with the skill that can do so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom