• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Application submitted 8/28 sometime between 7:30-9PM, active 8/30 at 9am. Will update when I receive card.

Mine was also submitted 8/28 in the evening and was active as of 9am today (8/30). 36 hours is a great turn around time. Half of my checklist was completed last night when I looked even with their downtime yesterday for maintenance. I was fully expecting to have to wait at least a few weeks for it if not the whole 30 days.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I submitted mine on Saturday 8/18, approval was on 8/21, received card on/about 8/27. Is it me or does the card look like a mediocre MS Paint job?

Oh no it's not you, it's terrible. Nothing is aligned correctly, some fonts are pixelated, some are fine. The back looks better done than the front, probably just because it's black text on a plain white background. I'm not sure why they didn't make it look more like the new drivers licenses with the flag in the background.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    I submitted application on 8/28, I will edit this post when I receive “Active” notification.

Note: According to the MSP website, their system was down for 24 hours in 8/29 for maintenance. So no applications were worked on during that time frame.

I received a letter yesterday (9/4) that was dated 8/29 that all was good.

I had to call them twice last week inquiring of the status. I was told everything looked good.
    The reason I called is that I cannot log into my account. I was told that a ticket would be issued to find out what the problem is. No answer yet.

Will I get an email telling me when my HQL is active?

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Will I get an email telling me when my HQL is active?

No email, you probably won’t know until it shows up if you can’t get into your account. If you don’t have it already sign up for USPS informed delivery. It tells you what letters and packages you have coming so you’ll know the day it’s going to be there. Some things it can’t scan but the HQL stuff shows up in it.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    No email, you probably won’t know until it shows up if you can’t get into your account. If you don’t have it already sign up for USPS informed delivery. It tells you what letters and packages you have coming so you’ll know the day it’s going to be there. Some things it can’t scan but the HQL stuff shows up in it.

Thanks for the information.
    Done.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    Applied 8/28
    Received letter of approval 9/4, which was dated 8/29.
    Received HQL today.
    Took 10 days total.

Don’t know if I should be happy to have gotten it, or sad that I had to get it in the first place.

The only thing it does is to ALLOW me to buy a handgun.
    I still have the 7 day wait time to take possession of it.

SMH

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Applied 8/28
    Received letter of approval 9/4, which was dated 8/29.
    Received HQL today.
    Took 10 days total.

Don’t know if I should be happy to have gotten it, or sad that I had to get it in the first place.

The only thing it does is to ALLOW me to buy a handgun.
    I still have the 7 day wait time to take possession of it.

SMH

And that doesn’t start until the FFL has your item in stock. I ordered my pistol on Tuesday, it showed up at the FFL yesterday and I went there first thing this morning to do the paperwork. Earliest I’ll get it is next Friday or Saturday. 11-12 days from the date ordered.

Gino

Sep 28, 2018
    So i recently applied for mine on tuesday, got fingerprinted and submitted my DD214 and now i can't access the website anymore to check the status of it. is that normal? when i attempt to login, it says we have encountered an error and are unable to complete the last request. I even had an agent call me to ask for my DD214 because it couldnt see it when i uploaded it...so i sent it to him over email and yea it was a legit email and yes i also told him i was going to redact my SSN and he was cool with it. He called about 2 hours after i paid for the application online so that tells me he saw it quick and started working on it immediately i hope. But im more curious with the inability to access the website at this time to check the status of the application.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    So i recently applied for mine on tuesday, got fingerprinted and submitted my DD214 and now i can't access the website anymore to check the status of it. is that normal? when i attempt to login, it says we have encountered an error and are unable to complete the last request. I even had an agent call me to ask for my DD214 because it couldnt see it when i uploaded it...so i sent it to him over email and yea it was a legit email and yes i also told him i was going to redact my SSN and he was cool with it. He called about 2 hours after i paid for the application online so that tells me he saw it quick and started working on it immediately i hope. But im more curious with the inability to access the website at this time to check the status of the application.

The website seems to be working for me. They could be doing maintenance to the site that shouldn't cause any issues to users but just because it shouldn't cause any issues doesn't mean that's always true. I'd just give it some time and try logging in later.

xKtF

Nov 5, 2018
    Submitted October 20th
    Approved on October 25th
    Received HQL Card November 5th

Jk2013

Apr 26, 2016
    I guess things have changed from a couple of years ago. It took mine over a month. Collectors came in a little over a week

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    Hard to believe, but it's been just slightly over 5 years since my wife and I got our HQLs (October 2013) and I started this thread. I guess that means it's half way expired. :rolleye12

Two celebrate, my wife and I went to the Atlantic Guns "Yard Sale" as my wife calls it on 28 Oct 2018 at their Silver Spring store and we each picked up a couple of used ones. :D

I am always curious as to how many of these have been issued to date, so if any one knows, I would love to see the updated numbers here, or a link to where the information can be found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom