• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Just Kidding.
    I was fortunate enough to have been invited to an "End of Season" party at the residence of a local large scale farmer in the northern Balt Co on Sunday. He throws this party each year for his family, friends, business contacts, employees and just about anyone that knows him. There was more food than an army could eat, much of it was venison butchered on the farm, taken as crop damage control, all way homemade by him and his wife. She made up over thirty deserts alone. Then there were CRABS! What a feast. He's just a hell of a nice guy.

It was an all day shooting event beginning with sighting in and practice from 9-11:30 am, then a contest at noon where the closest shot at 100 yds wins a fresh ham.

I arrived early and for some time there were only 3 of us "old guys" shooting. The other two guys were shooting a couple of different rifles, trying to decide which to use in the final shoot. When they took a break, I layed my Remington 700, 300 WinMag with a Simmons Ateck scope on the sandbag and struck 1/2" from the center cross on the first shot. The second shot touched the first. One of the other guys was watching through the spotter scope and was impressed so I let him take a shot. He hit just as close as I did.

When it came time for the contest the other guy asked if I'd let him use my gun and I agreed, after all I'm an old shakey guy and a bunch of young bucks with their cute little AR's in every caliber from .17 to 105mm Howitzer had arrived and I knew I was just in it for the fun.

The only rules were that (1) you could not rest the rifle or your hands or arms on anything stationary such as the deck rail. There was a log swinging by two chains that could be used in any way you wished and a bench to sit if you liked.(2) you had to shoot at the target designated by the judge, no accidental hits on a neighboring target for those who truley sucked. (3) only one shot.

There was about 4 young bucks that shot before me. DAMN! After I shot, I was the leader. Score one for the old shakey dude.

The old guy that borrowed my rifle (and one of my handloaded rounds) was up next. CRAP! He beat my score!

After that, about a dozen other steady young dudes with their little toy guns finished out the round.

THE OLD GUY WHO BORROWED MY GUN WON THE CONTEST! HE BEAT ME WITH MY OWN GUN!!!

I came in second but we beat all those kids and my new friend took home a fine piece of meat.

In the late afternoon there was a clay bird contest with another ham prize. Ten flights wit he last being a double. No ham for me.

FUN WAS HAD BY ALL! Thanks Chuck.

Attachments

• DSC01518.jpg
      DSC01518.jpg
      106.3 KB · Views: 352
    • DSC01519.jpg
      DSC01519.jpg
      80.6 KB · Views: 354

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    GREAT report. Sounds like a really fun day. All that was missing was the St Paulie Girl Bikini Team =o(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom