• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Any other MDS members attend the classes this past weekend? I'm curious.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    I attended the Sunday class. Wish I could have made Saturday as well. Had a good time.

I know who you are, I think only one person showed up only for the 2nd day. You are a good shooter. Are you taking the Advanced class in June? If so, see you there.

I am signed up for the August classes and can report after that

I highly recommend it even if you are an experienced shooter. I have been shooting for over 20 years and I got more out of it than I expected and it was a lot of fun. I may take the basic again in August as well because I am trying to get a newbie friend to take it and I told her I would take it with her.

Crawls

Apr 2, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I know who you are, I think only one person showed up only for the 2nd day. You are a good shooter. Are you taking the Advanced class in June? If so, see you there.

Thanks for the compliment. I'd like to take the advanced class in June. Not sure I can squeeze it in, but I'm working on it. It's hard to pass up on training opportunities so close to home.
    Sorry, but the picture in your avatar and doesn't strike a bell.

Crawls

Apr 2, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    You were on the opposite end of the range than me for most of the time. If you remember two tall guys shooting 1911s, I was one of them.

You two guys couldn't miss a target! I've been studying up on 1911s since the class -as if it would make me a as good as you guys were. it seems that everyone I shoot with that has a 1911 shoots well.
    I'm unfortunately not going to make the next class. Totally bummed about it.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    You two guys couldn't miss a target! I've been studying up on 1911s since the class -as if it would make me a as good as you guys were. it seems that everyone I shoot with that has a 1911 shoots well.
    I'm unfortunately not going to make the next class. Totally bummed about it.

My personal experience is that a 1911 will make you better. When I shoot a double action trigger my accuracy goes way down. At least for me the 1911 trigger makes all the difference. I wouldn't at all be surprised if you had the same results and were shooting as well as me at the end of one good day of training.

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    My personal experience is that a 1911 will make you better. When I shoot a double action trigger my accuracy goes way down. At least for me the 1911 trigger makes all the difference. I wouldn't at all be surprised if you had the same results and were shooting as well as me at the end of one good day of training.

Challenge Accepted.... I am going to the august classes and shoot a 1911 (Para USA Big Hawg Double Stack) not the best shooter in the world so lets see if you are right

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Challenge Accepted.... I am going to the august classes and shoot a 1911 (Para USA Big Hawg Double Stack) not the best shooter in the world so lets see if you are right

I will likely be in that class too. I'm trying to get some newbie friends into shooting so I told them I would take the class with them.

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    OK so with this class being a week away, and it being my first formal training class what do people do to prepare (aside from making sure the gun is properly cleaned and lubed)?
    and who else is going?

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    it is held at a range on Plant Rd in Frederick (the police range next to Cresap, they rent it out). they are having a pistol 1 class on the 4th and a pistol 2 class on the 11. if you are interested check out their website however it looks like these two classes are full http://www.l5s1tactical.com/

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    Scratch that, Frederick Police Chief told them they could no longer rent the range, and they are currently looking for a new one

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    They have recently signed a lease to use a range in Taneytown. Not sure of any details beyond that, but they are up and running again.

C45P312

Jan 17, 2012
    Virginia
    I'm always up for some training and never done any in MD. Would like to see some pics and maybe a report what yall learned if that isn't asking too much. Sucks they lost the PD range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom