• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BartExp

Ultimate Member
    This is new Delaware bill to edit various meanings related to sexual orientation (HB224):

“Gender identity” means a gender-related identity, appearance, expression or behavior of a person, regardless of the person’s assigned sex at birth.

Why not say "actual biological sex"?

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Follow the science....

Unless it throws a monkey wrench in the agenda....

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I've seen this on a hospital pre-surgery form.

There were 2 references to male / female.
    1st one is with the name, address, birthday, sex - M/F/Other, married and insurance section.
    2nd one is in the history section, assigned sex at birth - M/F

I guess the surgeon needs to know where to cut or not.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    There was a commercial for some HIV type drug that had a caveat about what sex you were assigned at birth. Who assigns your gender?
    It's pretty straight forward to me, outty is male, inny is female. I guess I missed the memo.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    INNY/OUTY......(IN SPADES).....problem is the Brain, not the body......and a Moral fabric in shreds...

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    So does this mean we can assigning a different sex at birth?

I mean why not just start this mess on day one.

It has been done before. In rural areas where a family wanted a son and they birthed a girl. Birth is registered as male and child is treated as a boy.

There have been books and movies written about this nonsense.

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    Just another way to claim people are racist, sexist, *insert whatever here*ist bigots while covering up the mental issues of the group with the loudest screeching...

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Nature assigns at birth, nurture chooses from whatever. The form disambiguates the question from choice back to chromosomes.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nuff said...

Attachments

• CFE37ECB-BB6B-4CFD-869F-8F1E6D36D6E8.jpeg
      CFE37ECB-BB6B-4CFD-869F-8F1E6D36D6E8.jpeg
      94.1 KB · Views: 297

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    One presumes this provides for the occasional birth of kids that have some degree of both flavors of plumbing. Pretty early in the game, parents need to decide how to play that on the birth certificate, essentially "assigning" a gender and, sometimes, having to make some surgical choices to make that physiologically match the choice. It's not common, obviously. Looks like true hermaphrodism is roughly one kid in 83,000 - so, several thousand people in the US, which isn't much though they are still people. Presumably they're not using the Magic Eight Ball or twelve-sided dice when wrestling with how to send that kid onwards into eventual puberty and whatnot. Just because something doesn't happen very often doesn't mean the parents can ignore what it means for the rest of the kid's life. Challenging problem that most luckily won't face.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    It has been done before. In rural areas where a family wanted a son and they birthed a girl. Birth is registered as male and child is treated as a boy.

Provide sources.

Otherwise your statement sounds like heavily twisted agenda based rubbish.

There was a famous case of a botched circumcision which led to the parents trying to raise their son as a girl. It didn't work. He knew he was a boy.

Is that what you're talking about?

Your claim seems to drip with ignorant prejudice and condescension against "rural people," which makes me skeptical about all of it.

So give your source.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

...in Chyna

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    There is a condition where perhaps no specific gender is certain at birth. The parents decide. Pretty heavy... adifficult decision to make at the time. It is medically classified as a disorder.

This is a different kind of disorder, what the OP presents.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What Occam was saying.

There Are Genetic Mutations , and certain chemistry exposures at just the right point of gestation can really screw up fetal development . Sometimes can stillbirths , sometimes one eye or three arms . And sometimes really wierd or ambiguous sex organs . The kind of thing that is the medical equivalent of " Dang guys ! Come over take at look at this , I ain't never seen nothin' like this before ! " .

Without researching it , I can't opine on the 1 : 83,000 , but let's momentarily stipulate some where in that order of magnitude .

That's very , very small compared to the Sterotypical Alphabet people, but IS greater than absolute zero .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom