• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Been able to shoot 300 yards the past few times out. I think the bug has bit. I want to go to 500 now. May have to look southern DE.

Elevation I am decent at with app and data. Need to work on dialing wind. And, breathing, etc etc. still pretty happy with results so far for my abilities.

Some results.

e3af1b0737bfb553f93596d463fe56ab.jpg

c4d6206c5df9b7707f5547454a18b9bc.jpg

f6555d5f979aaa671e885eb0db75f6c3.jpg

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Go visit Dan Newberry at Bang Steel.

He has targets out to 1 mile. If you have the rifle for them.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Thanks you all. Appreciate the direction for longer ranges. Hopefully I can get to the range more to perceive before moving to 6. I think I’d need some instruction.

My brother gave me a Howa barreled action as a gift. 26” heavy barrel in 300 win mag. Going to build that up if it shoots well. Currently shooting an older R700 5R Milspec in .308.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Try shooting a 600 yard F-class match at Bridgeville. You can practice shooting in wind and mirage. website http://brpc-de.com/

Good luck

Jerry

I shoot with the bridgeville guys at reade range in PA, they are a good group and fantastic shooters.

Your welcome to shoot at reades, I'll be there 8/17, but it's a haul for you I think.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I shoot with the bridgeville guys at reade range in PA, they are a good group and fantastic shooters.

Your welcome to shoot at reades, I'll be there 8/17, but it's a haul for you I think.

Thanks. I will check out that link provided by Jerry. I don’t think I’m ready to compete, but it would be nice to shoot that distance.

It is a haul, but I had to travel to greenwood once in a while for work so I’m familiar with the drive

Good shooting! Well done.

Thanks you

Try shooting a 600 yard F-class match at Bridgeville. You can practice shooting in wind and mirage. website http://brpc-de.com/

Good luck

Jerry

Thanks. I appreciate the info.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Thanks. I will check out that link provided by Jerry. I don’t think I’m ready to compete, but it would be nice to shoot that distance.

It's a great way to learn, I've found everyone always helpful and not too competitive.

Only way I've found to shoot past 300 yards

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    it's not that hard up to like 600yards. as long as you figure out the right adjustments, the shooting part is pretty easy. past that wind becomes a lot more challenging.

Go visit Dan Newberry at Bang Steel.

He has targets out to 1 mile. If you have the rifle for them.

yeah he's great

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom