• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    SO I have contracted the STI addiction disease.
    I now have my second STI. A Dawson super tuned single stack Trojan in 9mm. I took it to the range for the first time this week and find that for my large hands (size 9 surgical gloves barely fit me) the grip is too slim and I am not able to get both hands in good contact with the grip. I also have a 2011 style Edge in 40 and I also find the grips slim, but more comfortable.

I do not plan on using these 2 guns for carry. I hope to get involved in more competitive shooting and I love the trigger on 1911 style handguns.

I have been doing a bunch of google searches and have found some grip options for thick grips, but really haven’t seen any feedback on how well they work and was actually hoping someone on MDS had a couple of grips I could try before ordering some.

Thanks

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    I am 6'5 and have hands to match size. After shooting a Sig Sauer 1911-Max with
    Hogue chainlink G-10 grips, I am sold. They seem slightly larger but the texture of grips is what I have come to like.
    ed639a5de7c5e0ce4144d4e3d00a7ec2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Extreme makes grips for 2011s, not sure about 1911s. Remind me before the kahr match and I'll bring my dvc open that came with extreme grip. Not noticeable different size than my edge grips though.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Likewise Pachymer used to feature in their advertising pistol KaBooms , where the shooter's hand was protected by the Pachymer Grio ( steel insert inside the rubber ) .

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Extreme makes grips for 2011s, not sure about 1911s. Remind me before the kahr match and I'll bring my dvc open that came with extreme grip. Not noticeable different size than my edge grips though.

Thanks. They haven’t responded to me yet.
    I did sign up for your squad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom