• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Just wanted to draw people's attention to "Republican" Senator Chris West, who has attached himself to a couple of gun control bills (in lockstep with Democrats!) this session such as:

Altering the penalty for not locking up a firearm around a minor and changing minor from 16 to 18

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=sb0441&stab=01&ys=2019RS

Criminalizing loaning of regulated firearms

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=sb0346&stab=01&ys=2019RS

Guess what bill Chris West hasn't signed on to: shall issue

Guess what Chris West told https://redmaryland.com/2018/05/candidate-survey-chris-west-state-senate-district-42/

What is your position on gun rights?
    I support the entire US Constitution, including the Second Amendment.

Guess who's a charlatan and a chump that I happily didn't vote for in 42B because of crap like this when he was a delegate?

Chris West, a man that loves him some Larry Hogan.

I let Chris know last year he wouldn't get my vote for selling us out and I sent him a reminder that he won't get it next time either. :)

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    Crap. I voted for this turd. I am really hating all politicians at this point. Except The D.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Criminalize the loaning of regulated firearms, because this is such a problem. What an asshat.

I'd love to see a bill that actually makes things tough on criminals. All they do is try to make us criminals.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    What a RINO/typical politician. Trojans their way into a district by joining themselves with a popular candidate/idea but it truly covers your real intentions. He's no better than that Mom's Demand Action-endorsed Jesse Colvin idiot who ran against Andy Harris and had that ad where he and his wife are shooting handguns.

Unrelated: Colvin's wife had better shooting form than him.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    What a RINO/typical politician. Trojans their way into a district by joining themselves with a popular candidate/idea but it truly covers your real intentions. He's no better than that Mom's Demand Action-endorsed Jesse Colvin idiot who ran against Andy Harris and had that ad where he and his wife are shooting handguns.

Agreed

Unrelated: Colvin's wife had better shooting form than him.

Even more unrelated.....She was kind’a hot too.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    If I recall, he had campaign signs plastered all around Towson when I was passing through with he and Hogan’s face on them. Makes sense.,

Yep. He voted for all of the 2018 session Hogan gun control bills.

Unfortunately the man who ran for West's seat in the House of Delegates lost and he was a hell of a lot better.

Chris is nothing more than a Hogan boot licker who thinks he's some kind of next coming of George H. W. Bush

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Criminalize the loaning of regulated firearms, because this is such a problem. What an asshat.

I'd love to see a bill that actually makes things tough on criminals. All they do is try to make us criminals.
    Making it impossible now to get an HQL?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Just wanted to draw people's attention to "Republican" Senator Chris West, who has attached himself to a couple of gun control bills (in lockstep with Democrats!) this session such as:

Altering the penalty for not locking up a firearm around a minor and changing minor from 16 to 18

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=sb0441&stab=01&ys=2019RS

Criminalizing loaning of regulated firearms

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=sb0346&stab=01&ys=2019RS

Guess what bill Chris West hasn't signed on to: shall issue

Guess what Chris West told https://redmaryland.com/2018/05/candidate-survey-chris-west-state-senate-district-42/

Guess who's a charlatan and a chump that I happily didn't vote for in 42B because of crap like this when he was a delegate?

Chris West, a man that loves him some Larry Hogan.

I let Chris know last year he wouldn't get my vote for selling us out and I sent him a reminder that he won't get it next time either. :
    )

Problem is they think they don't need our votes, and for the most part they are right. With all the people voting without knowing the record and history of the candidate.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Problem is they think they don't need our votes, and for the most part they are right. With all the people voting without knowing the record and history of the candidate.

He's probably safe now because he won Brochin's district in a bad Republican year. It sucks because he's such an unabashed Hogan lackey

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Throw him in the RINO anti-2A bucket with Kipke, Szeliga, and Hogan.

This is the problem with folks who claim to be Conservatives and pro-gun supporting Hogan blindly. It emboldens the GOP in Maryland to move left on gun rights Legislation.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I'm have heard in DC there are Democratic and Republican caucus meetings for freshmen members to " teach them how things work" I wonder if that also happens in the MGA, and if so how much arm twisting there is to keep " new members" in line.

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    I sent him emails this AM expressing my views on every one of the gun bills. We need to do what we can.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Yep. He voted for all of the 2018 session Hogan gun control bills.

Unfortunately the man who ran for West's seat in the House of Delegates lost and he was a hell of a lot better.

Chris is nothing more than a Hogan boot licker who thinks he's some kind of next coming of George H. W. Bush

I was attending some BS political function wearing what I call my "liberal detector" shirt.

It works very simply. Anyone into guns sees a trigger. Liberals see a heart.

Chris West saw a heart.
    The gentleman running for West's House seat saw the trigger.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Please share what, if any, response you receive.

I have not received one.

Here is his response to my email to oppose SB737. I am happy to hear that he opposes the bill. Less than thrilled about the killing strangers comment as my email spoke mostly about law abiding citizens and the fact that we already have laws against killing strangers.

Gmharle,

I do not support this bill and plan to vote against it when it comes before my committee. Remember that I represent a very diverse district with a very liberal southern third where people despise guns, a very pro-Second Amendment northern third and a suburban region in between where people support the Second Amendment but are appalled that some gun owners go into schools, churches and the like and kill strangers. As the State Senator, I need to try to represent all of these diverse constituents. So I do my best to scrutinize gun bills carefully and support bills that pass a common sense test. This bill is just too onerous and crosses over the line into harassing rather than reasonably regulating.

Chris

Senator Chris West
    42nd Legislative District
    410-841-3648

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads