• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Not sure which sub forum was best, so I thought I would start here. Right now I do like most people and use good ole GI ammo cans. I know I can fit 7 mags in a 30 cal can, I was thinking it would be nice if I could find something that would fit AR mags vertically. A Fat 50 is great for bulk storage, but if I just want to take ten or so to the range, something smaller would be more convenient. Anyone have any ideas, or seen anything?

It would be nice of MTM would make a tall version of their 30 cal can for this purpose.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    For range trips I have an Orange Rigid Tools bag that fits about anything small I want to take and the interior pockets keep pistols separated. Works really well and isn't obviously gun related.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not sure which sub forum was best, so I thought I would start here. Right now I do like most people and use good ole GI ammo cans. I know I can fit 7 mags in a 30 cal can, I was thinking it would be nice if I could find something that would fit AR mags vertically. A Fat 50 is great for bulk storage, but if I just want to take ten or so to the range, something smaller would be more convenient. Anyone have any ideas, or seen anything?

It would be nice of MTM would make a tall version of their 30 cal can for this purpose.

They have a 15

https://www.amazon.com/MTM-Tactical-Magazine-Storage-TMC15/dp/B00HVDFSQ0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Pelican 1610 with the pick'n'pluck foam - holds PLENTY of mags.

Have another one sitting around just collecting dust, if anyone is interested.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I know all of the big boss that work. I liked the 30 cal size because it's a little more compact. I was thinking something that would hold just around ten mags.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I bought a couple of really nice range bags from LA Police Gear when they had them on sale last year. The Deluxe holds four AR mags and six pistol magazines in the side pockets. The inside is big enough to carry two handguns and some other stuff. For long term storage, I just use cloth grocery bags. I don't have little kids coming over, so that's no longer a concern for me.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I usually only bring 3-6 mags to the range with me. I keep all my 300BO and 5.56 on stripper clips and use my Beta Mag Speed Loader. Easy-peasy'

Attachments

• speed_loader.jpg
      speed_loader.jpg
      8.9 KB · Views: 104

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    I'm another that just uses old ammo cans. Yes, they do get heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom