• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I have a mid length upper I bought from them a couple of years ago. No issues, shoots great

Rob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Just got my upper back from Radical. About a 2 week turn around including shipping to and from Texas on their dime. They installed a new barrel, gas block, and gas tube and upgraded my quad rail to their newer quad rail made in house by them. They also installed a KAK flash can I sent back with my upper. Looks great, but the new barrel is a heavier profile and the rail is heavier as well. Also the KAK flash can is not recessed inside the hand guard like I was expecting. No worries. I'll update the post as soon as I get a chance to put some rounds through it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Not bad, sounds like they tried to do right by you. :thumbsup:

As of 01/25, hadn't had any contact from Radical, until midnight - USPS shipping notice. 01/26 - Brake submitted to USPS for shipping, should be here Monday.

So, it looks like I'll drop my claim with my bank - after the brake is in my hands/inspected.

In the end, looks like things are going to work out. To be frank though, I don't see myself doing any further business with them. Companies and individuals only get 1 chance to make a good first impression, and in my case, the impression wasn't that great.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    10.5 300ACC that I purchased used from a member here. I fired about 300 rounds down range before using this for a SOTAR build class. We checked the gas block, feed ramps, barrel nut, bold, ect with no major issues. It’s got about another 400 rounds through it now and I’m happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hotdog

Dec 8, 2014
    Harford County
    Purchased Radicals 10.5 uppers in 223/56 from JoeBob 2 years ago. After around 100 rounds, the gas block loosen up and off-centered. Called JoeBob and referred me to Radicals. Sent me a RMA and returned the upper for them to fix. Received the upper back from Radicals after two weeks. No problem with it so far. Radicals customer service treated me good .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Not bad, sounds like they tried to do right by you. :thumbsup:

As of 01/25, hadn't had any contact from Radical, until midnight - USPS shipping notice. 01/26 - Brake submitted to USPS for shipping, should be here Monday.

So, it looks like I'll drop my claim with my bank - after the brake is in my hands/inspected.

In the end, looks like things are going to work out. To be frank though, I don't see myself doing any further business with them. Companies and individuals only get 1 chance to make a good first impression, and in my case, the impression wasn't that great.

Brake got held up in USPS purgatory in DC.

Arrived today, inspected. Looks ok, some tooling marks here and there, but it is what it is. After 2+ months, I'm ready to let it go.

The supplied crush washer though, is for a 49/64x20 (aka 50Beo) barrel, and the 450 is a 5/8x32 - so that's unusable. I'll pick up a 5/8 crush washer on my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom