• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    I got a Liberty from Dave at A-1 Safes in Fallston that I really like. Whatever brand you go with, get one size larger than what you think you need/want. Trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Measure the path to where it goes, if it is .5" too wide,,,, it's no good, TRUST ME, but don't ask how I know.

Abellmio

May 17, 2011
    Does anyone have any recommendations for getting safes upstairs? I live in a townhouse that might require getting a safe up 3 flights.

scironic

Jul 27, 2016
    Jessup, MD
    Does anyone have any recommendations for getting safes upstairs? I live in a townhouse that might require getting a safe up 3 flights.

Hand truck and ratchet straps. I guess it depends on how big the safe is though. Harbor Freight has hand trucks rated for 700lbs. I've moved 8+ drawer tool chests with the tools still in them up and down steps using a hand truck and ratchet straps.

whatevah

Unregistered User
    Mar 17, 2012
    Wilmington, DE

Save up your cash and hire a good safe mover. The good guys have hand trucks with jacks that can make it almost a one-man job. The store you buy the safe from should be able to recommend somebody.

Turtle Man

Mar 17, 2013

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Does anyone have direct experience with either of these? I need a safe, but don't want to invest in something too "permanent". It will need to be moved in the next year or so. These are priced right for my budget, but would like any opinion on which may be better:

Winchester:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/winchester-18-gun-granite-safe-with-ul-electronic-lock

Liberty:

http://www.libertysafe.com/buy-a-safe-centurion-12-color-pg-71.html

I have the Winchester and no problems. I know four other people with same safe no problem. The 6th guy has had problems with the electronic touch pad. Winchester did send a tech out to fix it but every sense he had that problem I worry. If you get one get a combination lock dial and like the other post said get one lager then you think you need.

whatevah

Unregistered User
    Mar 17, 2012
    Wilmington, DE
    Does anyone have direct experience with either of these? I need a safe, but don't want to invest in something too "permanent". It will need to be moved in the next year or so. These are priced right for my budget, but would like any opinion on which may be better:

Winchester:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/winchester-18-gun-granite-safe-with-ul-electronic-lock

Liberty:

http://www.libertysafe.com/buy-a-safe-centurion-12-color-pg-71.html
    Those are both fairly similar, except for their locking mechanism... the Winchester uses bolts, the Liberty uses the bar style. The Winchester doesn't tell the steel thickness, but it's about the same weight as the Liberty which uses 14ga plate. So, nothing to write home about... two guys with prybars can get into either of these in a few minutes, although the Liberty should hold out slightly longer. They'll keep the local druggies out, though, which I think is your goal. I'd probably go with the Winchester for the easier access with the electronic lock, you'll use it more often (which is a good thing!). I'd also consider an alarm (either a home alarm, or the Safelert from Liberty) and a security camera aimed at the safe with a motion sensor, though.

I have a Liberty Lincoln 50. Love it.
    I have the Cabela's branded version, the Ambassador 25. I think it's the best of the retail store safes, although certainly a different price point and target audience than these two.

Stormtrooper

Oct 10, 2009
    I see that you're in Calvert County. Give Carolina Safes out of Waldorf a ring. Not much on the internet about them, but many satisfied and recommendations from customers on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom