• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    Statistics

I am confused why this thread is getting zero interest.

Having solid peer reviewed statistics is what we need to get.

I work with extremely educated liberals. The only way I can sway their opinion about gun rights is with facts. They ignore my reasoning and when I talk about the real statistics they want proof. How can we combat bloomies manipulated stats without "real peer reviewed statistics".

JMHO

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I work with extremely educated liberals. The only way I can sway their opinion about gun rights is with facts. They ignore my reasoning and when I talk about the real statistics they want proof. How can we combat bloomies manipulated stats without "real peer reviewed statistics".

JMHO

While I think Lott will certainly add to what we have data-wise, there are a lot of good studies out there on gun control you can use to argue. CDC did a study last year that was ordered by Obama, and the Harvard Law review (I'm pretty sure) also did a study on gun control. Both concluded that gun control doesn't work. A google search should turn those up pretty readily.

8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    statistics

While I think Lott will certainly add to what we have data-wise, there are a lot of good studies out there on gun control you can use to argue. CDC did a study last year that was ordered by Obama, and the Harvard Law review (I'm pretty sure) also did a study on gun control. Both concluded that gun control doesn't work. A google search should turn those up pretty readily.

Those studies were positive for "2nd A", but I want something that directly counteracts what Bloomie has bought and paid for. I would really like to see an honest comparison between states and cities with and without gun control. I hope Lott can get this done.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013

JMHO

Pro gun people are smart enough to know that facts and evidence are not what drives anti gun activists. If that were the case, there would already be zero anti gun activists. While I appreciate Lott, I would rather have people donate money to lobbyist groups since that is where we are going to win. Facts don’t matter but elections can be bought.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Pro gun people are smart enough to know that facts and evidence are not what drives anti gun activists. If that were the case, there would already be zero anti gun activists. While I appreciate Lott, I would rather have people donate money to lobbyist groups since that is where we are going to win. Facts don’t matter but elections can be bought.

Would you prefer that the anti's have bunk studies/statistics to back up their claims without being rebutted by legitimate studies/statistics?

Fact do matter when you are addressing the middle ground.

Just remember that every time you hear/see someone say that 90% of people in the US, support universal background checks, or that a majority of NRA members support UBC's or that gun ownership is declining.

And remember how quickly Obama's "study" was swept under the rug when it didn't conclude that more gun laws were the solution.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Would you prefer that the anti's have bunk studies/statistics to back up their claims without being rebutted by legitimate studies/statistics?

Fact do matter when you are addressing the middle ground.

Just remember that every time you hear/see someone say that 90% of people in the US, support universal background checks, or that a majority of NRA members support UBC's or that gun ownership is declining.

And remember how quickly Obama's "study" was swept under the rug when it didn't conclude that more gun laws were the solution.

We have already debunked the 90% study yet they are still using it. Thanks for making my point in that they don't care about facts and will continue to use studies, even if all the evidence says other wise.

Facts aren't going to stop Bloomberg. 100 million dollars in the pocket of the NRA will though.

And middle ground people will be changed through a day at the range before they are changed via a Lott study. Buy some extra boxes of .22 if you want middle ground voters on our side.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    We have already debunked the 90% study yet they are still using it. Thanks for making my point in that they don't care about facts and will continue to use studies, even if all the evidence says other wise.

Facts aren't going to stop Bloomberg. 100 million dollars in the pocket of the NRA will though.

And middle ground people will be changed through a day at the range before they are changed via a Lott study. Buy some extra boxes of .22 if you want middle ground voters on our side.

Um, you do realize we live in Maryland right? The place where the majority of voters eat up what the democrats/media puts out? The place where gun ownership is rather low and many gun owners keep their views/ownership hidden or low key. The state where guns and the NRA are vilified. The state with bloomberg's own paid off "researchers" at johns hopkins.

The NRA does a good job soliciting for funds. Money isn't the issue.

There is a "triad" of factors here. Money, volunteers (mostly at the grassroots level) and facts/evidence from studies to back up what we say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom