• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Tomatoes - Tamatoes

Potatoes - Patatoes

I reject his methods and choose to rely on methods of my own.

Besides, that fine a compound and a bronze brush would not remove a "Burr" from a chamber.

Just because it's on YouTube doesn't make it true. Unlike the internet.

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Tomatoes - Tamatoes

Potatoes - Patatoes

I reject his methods and choose to rely on methods of my own.

Besides, that fine a compound and a bronze brush would not remove a "Burr" from a chamber.

Just because it's on YouTube doesn't make it true. Unlike the internet.
    Um, I have had others tell me it worked for them, and for the same reason.
    But what do I know??

Thanks for the Internet lesson; I was starting to believe everything..

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Um, I have had others tell me it worked for them, and for the same reason.
    But what do I know??

Thanks for the Internet lesson; I was starting to believe everything..

Edited!!!

Replyed to the wrong member who I thought was asking for help.

Last edited:

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Um, Being that you are the one that came here looking for advice, I would conclude that you know far less than many of us on here or you would have figured this problem out and resolved it on your own without needing to seek advice from a self absorbed person on a YouTube video.

But what do I know??
    I came here for advice? Are you feeling ok? My comment was just a chime-in on what I have used in the past.

And no, I am not an expert, as many of us aren't. I didn't know figuring out things on my own was a prerequisite of being a member here.

I defer to you, obviously bashing someone who genuinely commented gets you going; great way to treat others.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I came here for advice? Are you feeling ok? My comment was just a chime-in on what I have used in the past.

And no, I am not an expert, as many of us aren't. I didn't know figuring out things on my own was a prerequisite of being a member here.

I defer to you, obviously bashing someone who genuinely commented gets you going; great way to treat others.

Went back and re-read the posts.

I was wrong and deleted the post.

Please accept my apologies.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    My hand picked T53 from SOG was $136 after shipping and HP fee. Considering that South Carroll Sporting Goods had them for $135 at the Fred Show, I hope I get a pretty good one.

smoothebore

Calm down boys. I asked for advice because I have the problem, had read about it somewhere, and didn't feel like searching. Thanks for all the ideas. I'm sure there isn't a single way to skin a cat, or even a best way. In the final analysis, I'd try it with materials I have on hand, which I did. I used a slightly larger brush than .22, wrapped it with a piece of Frontier Pad, dipped it in Hoppes, and let it spin. It looks bright under a flashlight. I'll try it out tomorrow when the rain is over. Thanks.

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Calm down boys. I asked for advice because I have the problem, had read about it somewhere, and didn't feel like searching. Thanks for all the ideas. I'm sure there isn't a single way to skin a cat, or even a best way. In the final analysis, I'd try it with materials I have on hand, which I did. I used a slightly larger brush than .22, wrapped it with a piece of Frontier Pad, dipped it in Hoppes, and let it spin. It looks bright under a flashlight. I'll try it out tomorrow when the rain is over. Thanks.

Let us know she shoots :thumbsup:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

So you're the one.....

Hope it worked out.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    My hand picked T53 from SOG was $136 after shipping and HP fee. Considering that South Carroll Sporting Goods had them for $135 at the Fred Show, I hope I get a pretty good one.

I hope you get a good one. But if it is all #s matching Im going to kick my own ass 3 times for not thinking of that

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    and FWIW I used Iraqveteran method of cleaning the cosmo out of the chamber and it worked fine. Ih8demlibz method would work just as well.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Another successful user of the IV8888 method, on a few different rifles. He gets a lot of undeserved hate, IMO.

I'll try the scrubby method next time, will be easier to clean once you're done. That compound can be a pain to get out.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

DEX

scruffy-lookin nerfherder
    Aug 16, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I asked for all matching in my comment with my last order of the T 53 and I got a hand written message saying that none could be found.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I asked for all matching in my comment with my last order of the T 53 and I got a hand written message saying that none could be found.

I guess they really do try to honor requests in the comments. I asked for one that was not rusty and I got really good metal except for one or two tiny spots. I should have asked for a decent stock too :o

DEX

scruffy-lookin nerfherder
    Aug 16, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I was really happy with the T 53 I received. From my POV it was even better than the first one I bought. SOG will definitely be pocketing more of my $ in the future. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom