Who makes the longest AR pistol buffer tube?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    That's exactly opposite of what I tried to do with my last pistol build. I tried to keep it as short and compact as possible.

While technically not a "pistol buffer tube" I would think you could probably use an A2 buffer tube/buffer as long as you don't put a stock on it. That would get you something pretty long.

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    It may not be the longest, but Phase5 makes the best, IMO.
    20140131_190503.jpg
    Noveske Gen2 Chainsaw Lower
    Phase5 complete buffer tube kit
    VLTOR MUR-1 upper
    VLTOR / BCM Mod4 ccharging handle
    FailZero FA M16 BCG
    Daniel Defense 7" Lite Rail II
    POF USA 4.5# trigger w/ KNS pins
    Magpul MIAD Grip & AFG 2
    Noveske 7.5" Diplomat Barrel w/ KX3 muzzle device
    Troy QD sling adapter
    Aimpoint Micro T1 2 moa w/ ADM QD mount & Tangodown cover
    Surefire X400 w/ XT07 Switch
    Noveske 60 degree safety
    Tangodown SCAR Rail Panel
    LaRue rail clips

Attachments

• 20140131_190337.jpg
      20140131_190337.jpg
      79.2 KB · Views: 5,324

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    That's exactly opposite of what I tried to do with my last pistol build. I tried to keep it as short and compact as possible.

While technically not a "pistol buffer tube" I would think you could probably use an A2 buffer tube/buffer as long as you don't put a stock on it. That would get you something pretty long.

I may end up doing so but would rather not have to make any modifications as I will be putting a Sig forearm brace on it.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Use a rifle length.

Wrap it in paracord or in a fashion which would not allow it to readily accept a stock.

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    I saw a guy on YouTube that used a rifle length tube. I seemed to work ok. He wrapped it with some stuff but all he probably needed to do was plug the screw hole in the back of the tube. The rifle length buffer and spring might cause some cycling problems.
    Has anyone here tried it?

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    T...I would think you could probably use an A2 buffer tube/buffer as long as you don't put a stock on it. That would get you something pretty long.

Use a rifle length.
    Wrap it in paracord or in a fashion which would not allow it to readily accept a stock.

Jarhead and Frank have the right idea and that is the route my dad went, A2 buffer tube on a 12.5 barrel build. . For me, i decided to SBR mine.

I may end up doing so but would rather not have to make any modifications as I will be putting a Sig forearm brace on it.

As appealing as it is to use one improperly. I tried one out and honestly didnt liked how it felt. Im not saying you cant shoulder it. But, I got one for my dad's 7.5 pistol build and it just didnt sit right in the pocket.

I saw a guy on YouTube that used a rifle length tube. I seemed to work ok. He wrapped it with some stuff but all he probably needed to do was plug the screw hole in the back of the tube. The rifle length buffer and spring might cause some cycling problems.
    Has anyone here tried it?

I heard it cycles fine using the rifle length spring and buffer. But for personal experience idk. My dad still hasnt collected all the parts to complete his builds.

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    Rifle length receiver extension and buffer/spring won't cause any cycling issues. But you will need to tap the detent spring hole, and trim down the detent spring a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom