• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    In the early 80s, I applied for a Special Agent position with the FBI. In the screening process, I was briefly inside the Alexandria, VA FBI office's armory. they had a rack there with (as memory serves) about a dozen M1928 Thompsons. I recall they looked pristine and were racked muzzle down. I don't want to think about what eventually happened to them.

In the end I took a Navy JAG commission and declined the invitation to the FBI Academy.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    How can you lose track of two machine guns? What a bunch of freaking idiots, seriously. Let the same thing happen to an FFL01 or some other private body and see WTF happens.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I bet it was a case of Never keeping track.
    like they were confiscated and then stored but not used.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    At least they werent melted down. I would love to have one. Kudos to the chief for knowing what he found.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Back in the late 90's when we were doing ops in Kosovo and the US Gov't was conducting gun turn-ins for the locals.
    It seems that during WWII we dropped thousands o them into the area for the partisan resistance to use against the Germans. Our unit was fortunate enough to fondle a few of them that were turned in.
    There is (maybe was now) one hanging on the wall in Stuttgart at our old unit there. It was de-milled and presented to the command. If you have never hefted one, you would be surprised at how heavy they are.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Damascus
    Talk about having some safe queens.

I wonder if he took them to the range for a "function check" before he sold them. I know I would have.

drkeg

Jan 14, 2011
    Catonsville
    @Streetgang - My grandfather was a master sergeant when he deployed to Europe in WWII, and was therefore authorized a Thompson as his weapon. As soon as they handed it to him, he was quick to point out that he was not qualified with it and took a carbine instead. No way was he lugging that thing around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom