• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    I was putting together a lower last night after reading this thread. I went "wow I am glad that's never happened to me." Sure enough just after that I was putting in the take down dent using the "box cutter method" when *ping*, the dent goes flying. I heard it bounce around for a split second then nothing. I my heart sank ... I said my prayer to St. Anthony and sure enough after about 3 minutes of searching I found it. Got it done, more prayers, and to bed.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I was putting together a lower last night after reading this thread. I went "wow I am glad that's never happened to me." Sure enough just after that I was putting in the take down dent using the "box cutter method" when *ping*, the dent goes flying. I heard it bounce around for a split second then nothing. I my heart sank ... I said my prayer to St. Anthony and sure enough after about 3 minutes of searching I found it. Got it done, more prayers, and to bed.

Doing my first lower assembly tonight, and I'm concerned for the same thing. I've read elsewhere about people assembling the detents and springs inside a 2 gallon ziplock bag.

...I may be trying that method...

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    I have seen this done any number of times. You can either push it back in as is, or clip it a bit shorter. As long as you still have good detent pressure don't worry about it.

However, I would recommend tapping the hole with a punch to give it a little material to hang on to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom