• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Torin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2012
    Never had a problem. Shipping and handling is a necessary evil these days.

Daddyursus

Trusted Shellback
    Jan 11, 2013
    In a van down by the river
    Do any of the old guys here remember that record club? You bought 10 records and got 20 "free" albums....'cept you had to pay shipping and handing charges on each. I remember getting 3 "free" records and being charged $24.95. NOW THEY were crooks

Torin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2012
    Do any of the old guys here remember that record club? You bought 10 records and got 20 "free" albums....'cept you had to pay shipping and handing charges on each. I remember getting 3 "free" records and being charged $24.95. NOW THEY were crooks

Then they sent you a new one every month if you didn't decline by mail. And you had to buy "x" amount of albums in 3 years or they charged you anyway. Now that's some S&H to complain about.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Yeah, I remember it, Columbia was the name IIRC.

To the OP, you may want to check the fine print as it may state something to the effect of an additional charge will apply if the order is less than $$ amount.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Their prices and customer service is mediocre. I've ordered from them in the past, I ordered from them a few weeks ago, and if they get the ammo I like I may order from them again, but they are anything but exceptional and whenever possible, I purchase elsewhere.

Sportsman Guide is who I prefer to do business with as they are great with customer service, their prices are consistently some of the best, they follow through with what they promise, and I know for a fact that they support the Second Amendment and that the people who work there are also gun people. MidWay has usually been decent to deal with as well.

defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County

Ah.....BMG I believe the club was named.

I signed up when I was like 11 and so my parents called and bitched at them for letting a minor sign up.

Ended up with all of the CDs for free. Sucks for them....what a terrible business model.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Walker

Nov 16, 2012
    Somerset County
    I guess with mp3 Columbia House and the likes are all gone now? I don't see any adds for them anymore. I think there was another one called BMG or something? Anyway, i placed 2 different orders from Natchez after finding some cheaper ammo on gunbot and had no complaints but maybe i just got lucky.

Dec 31, 2012
    I have multiple orders from Natchez with no problems yet although they do skimp on packing materials. I'm expecting a drop off from them this week and I suppose this one will be wrecked!
    The worst I've received was from Midway due to a bad combination of Midway's packing and UPS' handling. I came home to find 22lr rounds scattered on my front porch! Big Midway Nitro Express box with no padding and plenty of space to rattle around many 50 round boxes of 22lr combined with a crushed corner likely from UPS. I came up short on 6 rounds of 22lr despite finding them on the sidwalk, grass, and porch. I suppose there's a UPS truck with a few rolling around in it and I told Midway customer service as much.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    id take that over waiting a month and a half for American specialty ammo to fill my order

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom