• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    A few weeks ago I saw that Natchez had a good price on Tula 7.62x39 for $4.99/box. I decided that I would order some, even though I knew that Natchez was slower than the Second Coming when it comes to shipping.

Yesterday, my order arrives via UPS. My first thought was "wow, that's an awful large box for such a small order". Needless to say, I went inside and opened it up. Upon slicing the box open, I found that all 200 rounds were rolling around loosely in the box. All of the little cardboard boxes were busted open and Natchez chose to use only one small piece of brown paper as packing material! One small piece of paper in a giant box????

I gathered up all of the rounds and started to count them, just to make sure I wasn't cheated. After verifying they were all there, I started putting them back in whatever was left of the original boxes.

I checked my invoice and noticed that I was a charged shipping, PLUS a $3.99 handling fee! I was so outraged I called Natchez and spoke to a sales associate who advised me that the $3.99 was "because we have to have an employee pull your order and pack it". Wait a minute..... You mean to tell me that I have to PAY for the convenience of buying something from you?!?!?!?!?

I'm so done. Way beyond done. I should have just waited on the good people at SG ammo to have some more in stock. Natchez sucks.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    A few weeks ago I saw that Natchez had a good price on Tula 7.62x39 for $4.99/box. I decided that I would order some, even though I knew that Natchez was slower than the Second Coming when it comes to shipping.

Yesterday, my order arrives via UPS. My first thought was "wow, that's an awful large box for such a small order". Needless to say, I went inside and opened it up. Upon slicing the box open, I found that all 200 rounds were rolling around loosely in the box. All of the little cardboard boxes were busted open and Natchez chose to use only one small piece of brown paper as packing material! One small piece of paper in a giant box????

I gathered up all of the rounds and started to count them, just to make sure I wasn't cheated. After verifying they were all there, I started putting them back in whatever was left of the original boxes.

I checked my invoice and noticed that I was a charged shipping, PLUS a $3.99 handling fee! I was so outraged I called Natchez and spoke to a sales associate who advised me that the $3.99 was "because we have to have an employee pull your order and pack it". Wait a minute..... You mean to tell me that I have to PAY for the convenience of buying something from you?!?!?!?!?

I'm so done. Way beyond done. I should have just waited on the good people at SG ammo to have some more in stock. Natchez sucks.

I've never been impressed by their prices. Not interested in starting my dealings with them yet.

groundgrid

Mar 1, 2013
    I just got my order for the Tula 7.69X39 ammo from Natchez--same exact issue. Big box will all of the ammo rolling around. I am very organized with my ammo inventory & now need to box & label them. I can only assume that they have a few bad employees and that management is not aware of this issue-but I could be wrong.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I ordered 500 rounds of .45 from them a few weeks ago. Ended up canceling before it was ever fulfilled.

I wasn't impressed with their operation.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    I must be on a lucky streak. I've ordered 3000 rounds of .22LR from them and several Glock magazines in the last month or so and have had no problem with any of my orders / shipments. The shipping charge was a little high but in the end it beats me driving aimlessly around for hours like I see some people on here. Maybe I'll think otherwise if I have an experience like you guys but as of now I'll keep ordering from them....

RP

fatalsports

Mar 4, 2012
    I've ordered from them in the past...before this fiasco...never had an issue with them, they always shipped my stuff out in a timely matter...but I haven't ordered anything from them recently.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    I have had many good experiences with them. But on my last order where they left out two boxes from my order, insinuated that UPS stole them from the unopened box, and then said they couldn't fulfill or backorder them for me at the same time their site said they had it in stock, I am unhappy.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    Can anyone else comment on the $3.99 handling fee?

I think the fee is really lame personally. Doesn't a company make their money off of charging a little more for the product that they buy at wholesale? And shouldn't that be where they pay their employees? Why do I have to pay $4 for a guy to throw some stuff into a box for me?

Additionally, does it really take THAT long to pack up a few boxes of ammo? My guess would be that it takes 2 minutes to pack up a box. I guess Natchez packers make $120 an hour. Lets be generous and say it takes five minutes per box, so they make $45 per hour to pack up boxes to be shipped? It's BS.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I've been using them recently and have never had the handling fee add on. During this buying frenzy they have shipped to me pretty fast considering the madness, the only screwy thing I've had recently was a wrong tracking number included with the good one.
    I've been finding their prices as good if not better than most, but YMMV.
    Edit: I forgot to add that all my orders have came packed in styrofoam peanuts, those things are pretty annoying.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    So far so good for me. I am sorry you guys had a bad experience. Natchezss has been a bit slow lately.

Midwayusa is about as quick as ever.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hmm, I just worked up the same order on Natchez and Midway.

I don't see the handling fee on Natchez, but there is a combined shipping and handling. I wonder if they just separate it on the shipping invoice.

Could one of you check your original order invoice and see if it is listed, and if the combined number is different than the two separate?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I really hate places that tack on fees and other crap. How often do you see tires for $x or oil change for $y and then shop fees and disposal fees surreptitiously appear when they hand u the bill.

Certainly if the fees didn't show as u were checking out, that is total BS.

I didn't really have any bad experience with Natchez, but their selections are very limited now and shipping is high if you are not buying a lot of items. So if you are not planning on spending at least a few hundreds, it's not worth paying $18 shipping for $40 worth of merchandise.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I had never ordered from them prior to all the craziness. I've ordered from them three times since the craziness began. I haven't had any packing fees added on. The shipping times have been stupid but I've chalked that up to everyone in the entire country buying anything and everything gun related that they can find. Packaging was pretty bad all three times. All orders were the same-one big box with the contents stamped on the outside of the box...so, the hazard sticker with "7.62x51 ammunition" on the outside of the box...open the box to find the one piece of standard brown paper as packing material. But the boxes were never opened-no loose rounds. Never had any issues really. Just think they do a crummy job of packing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom