• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    NO, I not talking about firearms.

At the informational meeting in Cockeysville yesterday, it was brought up that one of the legislators run the names and addresses of all the emailers through the state voter registration rolls. It was alarming to hear that somewhere around 40% of the people who sent these emails were not registered to vote in Maryland.

I understand that we live in a world where many expect instant results and quick fixes but we have to look at the long term fix or the grabbers will continue to chip away at our rights. Without casting a vote, you are essentially putting your elbows on the table, spreading your checks and inviting the ruling class to stick it to you anyway they want.

If you had the time to view this thread, then you have the time to register. You can register online. Get er done.

https://voterservices.elections.state.md.us/OnlineVoterRegistration

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Here's a hint. I put my name, address, and home phone number on all of my email to state and federal legislators.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Who brought up that statistic?

I too put my name, e-mail address and phone number on every e-mail I send.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    NO, I not talking about firearms.

At the informational meeting in Cockeysville yesterday, it was brought up that one of the legislators run the names and addresses of all the emailers through the state voter registration rolls. It was alarming to hear that somewhere around 40% of the people who sent these emails were not registered to vote in Maryland.

I understand that we live in a world where many expect instant results and quick fixes but we have to look at the long term fix or the grabbers will continue to chip away at our rights. Without casting a vote, you are essentially putting your elbows on the table, spreading your checks and inviting the ruling class to stick it to you anyway they want.

If you had the time to view this thread, then you have the time to register. You can register online. Get er done.

https://voterservices.elections.state.md.us/OnlineVoterRegistration

I was there as well and I heard that as well. I am not sure the stat is accurate as the name on the email may be incomplete. By all means register if you have not or are not sure.

But something for the fence sitters to consider there may be a whole bunch of new voters coming your way? How would you like them to think of you...

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    It's a ridiculous standard. If you put in anything that isn't exactly what is on the voter registration, it won't find you.

I go by my middle name (family tradition). If I forget to put down my first name, it's unlikely that I'll show up as a registered voter. But I am registered. I rarely forget, but it shouldn't be an issue.

If you have a nickname or a shortened name, you probably won't show up either.

Legislators should not be basing their decisions on how many voters they can verify.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Should not matter at all. They are ejected to serve the people of their districts. My children are not registered, but still retain their 1A-protected right to petition for redress of grievances as Maryland Citizens.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Maybe you should all register under all your names then you can vote like Democrats. Vote early vote often.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Those who do not take the time to do something as simple and easy to do as vote are part of the problem. Things may not go the way you like but you have no right to complain if you do not try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom