• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    I NEED an AR15 because it is the smallest least powerful gun suitable for home defense....That should make their heads spin....

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    What we would like is a "bumper sticker" answer to the "Why do you need an AR?" question. Unfortunately, that does not seem to exist. The answer cannot be given in one sentence. Look how long the OP's response is. While a good response, it is not a quick comeback to the question.

Why do you need a car that goes faster than 30mph?

Look guys, don't argue the "why do you need" thing. There are a lot of things we don't need to have. Self-defense is not one of those things. Argue about if gun bans work. They don't.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I NEED an AR15 because it is the smallest least powerful gun suitable for home defense....That should make their heads spin....

I like it. What about the following:

[at hearing] Anyone think a standard issue police sidearm is a military-style killing machine? :confused:

Add a plastic stock, 16 inch barrel and a hand guard...you have an AR-15.

ProbabilityZero

Aug 24, 2011
    Maryland
    No man can define the needs of another...it is a never ending circular argument. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. So what if an ar-15 happens to fulfill those "needs" for me.

expat

Aug 29, 2012
    Rosa Parks didn't need to ride in the front of the bus.

I like asking why they need the first amendment. The media hypes these people up and enables them by giving them constant media coverage, therefore encouraging and endless string of mass shootings. Clearly we need "common sense" restrictions on freedom of speech.

I love this one because a lot of the people that are the most vocal for the first amendment also hate the second for some reason (the ACLU crowd). It puts them on the defensive and allows you to point out hypocrisy.

These are the two best statements on this issue, IMO.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    My preferred line is that this country does not give to each according to his NEEDS. There is a name for that system, and thousands of Americans died fighting against it.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Agreed.

The anti's and possibly the fence-sitters see that the AR15 keep showing up as the weapon of choice in mass shootings.

We do need a clear answer to the question "why is it that AR15's keep showing up as the weapon of choice in mass shootings?"

Why is it that men keep showing up as the 'gender' of choice at mass shootings? Ban men!

:innocent0

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Look guys, don't argue the "why do you need" thing. There are a lot of things we don't need to have. Self-defense is not one of those things. Argue about if gun bans work. They don't.

NOT a good answer. A car is not a fundamental right, as you mentioned. I have always argued that firearms used by the military (not "military-style" arms) are those most protected under the 2A. Unfortunately, there is not a one sentence answer that can convey this. It requires historical background, particularly for those who aren't familiar with the Constitution and US history. This, unfortunately, includes most people on the other side of this issue.

Gyokusai

Jan 11, 2013
    Annapolis

Friend of mine drops by, we get into this discussion about why would anyone "needs" one of these scarry looking AR15 "assault" weapons. I look out the window and ask him why he needs that Porsche he drove up in. He tries to respond then shortly gives up realizing the hypocrisy.

peafarmer

Dec 23, 2011
    Annapolis
    Why do you need a computer, word processor and printer? Isn't a quill pen good enough?

Why does the Baltimore Sun need a modern printing press, or the internet? Isn't the Common Press (1656 to 1850) what they used when 1A was written?

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    This is one of my replies when asked why do I need _______ weapons.
    "Show me where in the history of man that a written law prevented any act."
    The question is always asked in the context talking about banning _______ weapons.

Liberals/Gun grabbers do not understand that laws are written to punish individuals for the commission of an act NOT preventon of an act, NO law can "prevent" an act.
    Murder has been illegal for thousands of years yet people are still murdered.

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    IlWdS.png

Stormrider1961

Aug 16, 2011
    Laurel
    OK so why do women need 74 pairs of shoes?.......or why does a man need 17 suits ? , or why do people need that vaction home?............ to boil it down , they dont!. it's not a need ...... it's a want!
    If I can legaly own the weapon of my choice and want one then who in the hell do they think they are telling me! what I can own and what I can't.
    Don't you just love people who want to force their views and opinions and will on everyone else........... ok getting off my soapbox now.........

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    The answer to why we need an AR or similar is simple. We have constitutional and moral obligations to be our country's militia. We are the last and largest line of national defense against tyranny, insurrection, and invasion. Powerful modern weaponry must be widely available for private sale and in common sporting and other recreational usage in order to have a viable militia always at the ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom