• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    A few sentences would be sufficient. Bring a copy of the charges. Hold it up as proof. Simply state your house was burglarized, your handgun was stolen, and you are highly offended and concerned about a serious gun crime only being prosecuted as a misdemeanor charge that is likely to be dropped. Maybe close with a sentence like "What we need in MD is aggressive gun crime prosecution, not more gun laws or gun bans aimed at law-abiding citizens."

+1 short and to the point.

Here is a sentance from one of the many e-mails I have sent out
    "If anything I would ask you to support stricter more effective sentencing of criminals and a better way to track the problems of the mentally ill. Perhaps look into a mandatory sentence for any crime committed while in possession of a firearm. (no plea bargaining or reduced sentence) then add the penalty for the crime after the firearm sentence not concurrent.

CaptainChris

Aug 15, 2012
    Solomon's Island
    You are a perfect candidate to testify at the upcoming bill hearings. Among our group, you should be shuffled towards the front of the queue to speak. Make it be known to politicians and any reporters present that Maryland is very soft on gun crime. Criminals are coddled. That's the problem. Not law-abiding gun owners.

I agree with dist1646 that the gun crime misdemeanor is almost guaranteed to be dropped as part of a plea. It's absurd.

^^^^^ this!!

Crazy!

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    I have a similar situation where 4 handguns were stolen. I am not sure of the exact charges yet and the case is lumped in with 5 other burglaries committed by the same guy (has been in jail his entire life for stealing things...gets out and steals things and goes back every time!). Trial is coming up in mid February. Its like a revolving door for these criminals.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    +1 short and to the point.

Here is a sentance from one of the many e-mails I have sent out
    "If anything I would ask you to support stricter more effective sentencing of criminals and a better way to track the problems of the mentally ill. Perhaps look into a mandatory sentence for any crime committed while in possession of a firearm. (no plea bargaining or reduced sentence) then add the penalty for the crime after the firearm sentence not concurrent.

this is a great idea, as also the earlier posts urging 10/20/25 for producing/shooting somebody etc... but here's my worry -- they pass something like this and sure as rain, if they ram this AWB they're pushing down our throats, they'll start applying such penalties to those who have unregistered weapons or use them i self defense. Now, wouldn't that be fun?

unbelievable that they would nolle prosse charges of using a firearm in commission of a felony. this state is fvcked up indeed.

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    Who is this Guy we should be electing him our next governor!:party29:

If they paid more I might consider it....unfortunately MoCo is too expensive to live on the govenors salary....actually that's really sad when you think about it. The govenor could barely get by living in MoCo as a single family earner.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Details from this morning's MSI email:

The first round of hearings in Annapolis have been scheduled for Wednesday, February 6. Hearings start promptly at 1PM. It is imperative that anyone reading this message that is able to attend the hearings makes arrangements to do so. Among the bills being heard that day in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee is SB 281, the ironically titled "Firearm Safety Act of 2013." It is without question the most draconian and overt gun grab ever attempted in the state of Maryland.

More details will be coming regarding bills that have been filed to this point, but please plan to show up in Annapolis on February 6. The state of Maryland is literally coming for your guns and the only way to stop them is to make your voice heard!

MSI has composed a brochure on how the new bill will impact ALL Marylander's 2nd Amendment Civil Rights. Download it and Share Today!

What We Need You To Do:

1. Contact the members of the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee via email using the Quick Email Tool. Tell them that you do not support gun control in any form. Your emails need not be lengthy or chock full of detail. Just register your opposition with the members of the SJPC.

2. Pick up the phone and call the members of the SJPC. Remind them that you oppose gun control, that you support those who support your rights, and vehemently oppose those who attack your rights.

Attending a Hearing in Annapolis

For those that have not attended a hearing in the past, below are some general guidelines for attendance as well as the practicalities of actually getting to the hearing:

•Parking is at the Navy/Marine Corps stadium (Exit 24 off of RT 50) and is cheap. Plan your arrival to be at the hearings by Noon.
    •Catch the shuttle and ask the driver to let you off at the House or Senate Office Buildings, respectively.
    •Pass through security with a photo ID. Leave any knives, multi-tools, etc at home.
    •Go to hearing room and stake your claim for a seat.
    •If submitting written testimony, you will need 35 copies for the House, 20 for the Senate and it must be submitted by 11:00am.
    •Dress is business or business casual. Let's make a good impression by not playing into the stereotypes that they expect.
    •Sign up sheets for testifying are inside the hearing room. Sign up to register your opinion, even if you don't plan to speak.
    •Typically, the folks representing you from the gun groups speak first as they have a coordinated plan of testimony.
    •Be concise, polite, and stay on a single topic. If the day is getting long, it's OK just to say "I support/oppose this bill".

We MUST pack the room. We MUST run the hearings till 11pm or later with so many supporters testifying.

I heard one of the anti's on public radio complaining that the pro gun people plan to stay to the end of the hearing and the anti's have to be home for dinner at five and they are not given a pass to the head of the line. It would be great to tie up the line so they all get tired and whine their way home.

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    I heard one of the anti's on public radio complaining that the pro gun people plan to stay to the end of the hearing and the anti's have to be home for dinner at five and they are not given a pass to the head of the line. It would be great to tie up the line so they all get tired and whine their way home.

"Can we stop now? My tuna casserole is getting cold and my wife wants me to stop and get milk on the way home.":tantrum:

Mr H

Banana'd

Thing is, many of the antis don't have to take off from work:innocent0

Sucks to have a conscience!!!:lol2:

But the important takeaway here??? They are taking notice and watching what we say!!

JRoCc

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2010
    Earth
    My thug neighbor has had illegal possession of a handgun 'nolle prossed' twice.

The third charge gets you 3-10 years in jail, but it's still only a misdemeanor.

If it was a felony, it would reduce the voting rolls.

Possession of a handgun is a misdemeanor not a felony in Maryland????

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    The saddest part about all this is the fact that most of the legislators in Marylandistan are lawyers, used to dealing with scumbags, dips**ts, and dregs of society. Their clients also suck. This has tainted almost all of them against "normal people".

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    You are a perfect candidate to testify at the upcoming bill hearings. Among our group, you should be shuffled towards the front of the queue to speak. Make it be known to politicians and any reporters present that Maryland is very soft on gun crime. Criminals are coddled. That's the problem. Not law-abiding gun owners.

I agree with dist1646 that the gun crime misdemeanor is almost guaranteed to be dropped as part of a plea. It's absurd.

Agree 100%

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Go to the Maryland Gazette and look up Magic Mike. He got HOME DETENTION for ARMED ROBBERY. That's right, Home Detention.
    Judge Pamela North told him he has to get his GED while on Probation, can you imagine what he will get if he does not get his GED? I'm betting on harsh words at the least!
    But "IF" Owe'Malley bans Ar's, Maryland will be a utopia of Peace and Love.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    The saddest part about all this is the fact that most of the legislators in Marylandistan are lawyers, used to dealing with scumbags, dips**ts, and dregs of society. Their clients also suck.

:lol:

I see what you did there. Was going to say something similar after reading first sentence. You saved me the effort.

Scooterboy333

Mar 1, 2012
    Glen Burnie, Maryland
    Go to the Maryland Gazette and look up Magic Mike. He got HOME DETENTION for ARMED ROBBERY. That's right, Home Detention.
    Judge Pamela North told him he has to get his GED while on Probation, can you imagine what he will get if he does not get his GED? I'm betting on harsh words at the least!
    But "IF" Owe'Malley bans Ar's, Maryland will be a utopia of Peace and Love.

:lol2:OOOOhhhh! When do we get to start hugging trees!?:sarcasm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom