• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My local LGS has an older S&W 5903 in 9mm. I've never fired one and it's probably a hunk of shit. I hate slide mounted controls of any sort. That being said, I have always been enamored with the looks of these things. For 350, I've definitely spent more on less.
    2e0ea84578f065bc282a568609d0be90.jpg

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I had a Davis P380, I was glad to get rid of. I never wanted it in the first place. Years ago, a buddy of mine needed like $40. I loaned him the money, after a month or so, he asked if I’d take the pistol as payment. I did so reluctantly. I shot it a few times, what a POS. The last time I shot it the frame cracked. It was completely useless at that point.
    I got $150 for it at a “gun buyback”. So I guess I didn’t do to bad on the deal. Lol.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hmm...I've got a P320 I'm decidedly underwhelmed with. Ought to put it on the market.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    The CX4 is a terrific gun. Fun to shoot, reliable and accurate, easy to clean. Sierra Papa sells upgrades for hammer and trigger to make improvements if you think you need it. My favorite until the HK SP5 came along:-)

I would love to find a CX4 in good condition. They are not easy to come by.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Never sold any, don't regret any purchases. I love the ability to bring people to the range with options of what to shoot.

Of course i'm sure i don't have as many a most on this forum.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    I had a pretty nice S&W 39 steel frame. Traded to Gander Mtn years ago towards my Redhawk 44. It was really a pretty nice weapon, sorry I traded it in, should have paid the Redhawk in full. Only drawback is it was a 8 round weapon.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I have several that I'm glad I parted with:

1. Kel Tec Sub-2K: I loved the idea of it, but I hated it in practice. Uncomfortable to shoulder and pretty inaccurate. I was really happy to part with it.
    2. Marlin XT-22: I needed another bolt 22LR like a hole in the head. The front sight was slightly canted and it was less accurate than any of my other 22LR rifles.
    3. I had a Smith and Wesson 637 Airweight that I couldn't wait to part with. Awful trigger pull and poor grips. The Saf-T Hammer would sometimes lock up on its own during "rapid fire."
    4. Mossberg 500 Persuader: Pistol grip shotguns are not for me. I never shot it, but I was pretty disappointed about a week after purchase. A traded it at an FFL and took a beating, but I was still happy to get something usable out of it.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Same here. I have NO desire to ever own a Mosin Nagant.
    I feel the same about the SKS and AK-47.

I agree with you about the SKS and AK.

But I like my Mosin Sniper. Cheap, fun. And got hits at 763 yards. :D

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    I have several that I'm glad I parted with:

1. Kel Tec Sub-2K: I loved the idea of it, but I hated it in practice. Uncomfortable to shoulder and pretty inaccurate. I was really happy to part with it.
    2. Marlin XT-22: I needed another bolt 22LR like a hole in the head. The front sight was slightly canted and it was less accurate than any of my other 22LR rifles.
    3. I had a Smith and Wesson 637 Airweight that I couldn't wait to part with. Awful trigger pull and poor grips. The Saf-T Hammer would sometimes lock up on its own during "rapid fire."
    4. Mossberg 500 Persuader: Pistol grip shotguns are not for me. I never shot it, but I was pretty disappointed about a week after purchase. A traded it at an FFL and took a beating, but I was still happy to get something usable out of it.

I forgot about my Sub2k. Don't hate but also don't shoot it. The trigger is so heavy it feels like the safety is on. I have a trigger kit for it and hoping it improves a bunch.

I bought it for it's size so I doubt I ever get rid of it but I may not ever get over 200 rounds through it either.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Been thinking of one these, but afraid it may eventually qualify for this list. I have a 15/22 rifle so I could use those mags with it though...

13321-r.jpg

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    One of the most vicious recoiling guns I ever fired was a Mosin carbine...the rifles were designed to be used by uneducated and barely trained conscripts and to work...which they did. They were crudely built in many cases but that was less important than getting them manufactured and onto the battlefield.

If the stocks had been better designed they would be more manageable to shoot. But the Soviets didn't care about that...just get them made and shipped. The T-34 tanks is another example...designed get the job done but were crudely built and crew comfort and efficiency wasn't considered important.

I think a lot of the surplus Mosins have a lot of use and perhaps mis-use. I bet they shot a lot better when when new. But yeah, a Mosin to a Garand is like a Model T to a Corvette.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The T-34 tanks is another example...designed get the job done but were crudely built and crew comfort and efficiency wasn't considered important.

And if you think the Soviet T34 is crude, ask any Korean War vet about Chinese T-34's. They make a Soviet T-34 look like a Rolex watch. I knew an ordnance officer whose job involved examining many Chinese T-34's of the time.

czman

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 20, 2020
    I had an "AR10" in .308 for a while. I never liked shooting it, and I sold it. Not sad to see it go to a new home.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I had an "AR10" in .308 for a while. I never liked shooting it, and I sold it. Not sad to see it go to a new home.
    That's interesting - an AR10 build is on my list of guns I'd like to have. If there's nothing remarkable about it as a platform, I may skip it and put my money towards something else - maybe a tacti-cool bolt gun build.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I have an Armalite AR-10...I feel it's an excellent rifle. I leave mine basic...iron sights and stock furniture. I bought it from Atlantic Guns several years ago when it was on sale for $999...not sorry at all for it. My Colt LE901-SE is an overall better rifle...but not worth twice the price better. The differences in accuracy, felt recoil and balance aren't that much.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Sad I bought: Benelli Nova pump 12 gauge shotgun. It’s a very light shotgun that points amazingly, but the 3-1/2” mag shells for waterfowl and turkey hurt a ton to shoot. The way it shoulders and points I should love it, which was why I bought it in the first place. However, it has deep, deep plastic ridges for grip that act like cheese graters under the 3-1/2” magnum recoil. Plus, it rattles constantly, I don’t like the build quality. It seems too “loose”, which probably adds to the recoil issues. I really want to like this shotgun, but I sincerely hate shooting it, and haven’t shot it in about 5-10 years.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Sad I bought: Benelli Nova pump 12 gauge shotgun. It’s a very light shotgun that points amazingly, but the 3-1/2” mag shells for waterfowl and turkey hurt a ton to shoot. The way it shoulders and points I should love it, which was why I bought it in the first place. However, it has deep, deep plastic ridges for grip that act like cheese graters under the 3-1/2” magnum recoil. Plus, it rattles constantly, I don’t like the build quality. It seems too “loose”, which probably adds to the recoil issues. I really want to like this shotgun, but I sincerely hate shooting it, and haven’t shot it in about 5-10 years.
    Sell it and find an old 870 Wingmaster. :thumbsup:

When we were splitting up my Dad's guns with me and my sisters, they assumed that I wanted Dad's Remington 1100. Nope. I wanted the 870. To me it always balanced and pointed better than the 1100. My oldest sister snagged the 1100 because I think her late husband liked it. I've not once regretted grabbing that 870 over the 1100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom