• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    Can anyone tell me about this SKS from these photos? I don’t know a lot about them and would like to know what model this is? This was advertised for $700, which I originally thought was sky high, but now I’m finding out that’s not bad. I was told this rifle was new, never fired.

22378125-77-D3-48-C9-8-BEE-F06-C2-A18-FC3-A.jpg

919998-AD-33-CE-4-FB2-88-BE-211308-ED0-A61.jpg

18390747-3-D2-C-44-A5-847-E-8-BADD7590655.jpg

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Can anyone tell me about this SKS from these photos? I don’t know a lot about them and would like to know what model this is? This was advertised for $700, which I originally thought was sky high, but now I’m finding out that’s not bad. I was told this rifle was new, never fired.

22378125-77-D3-48-C9-8-BEE-F06-C2-A18-FC3-A.jpg

919998-AD-33-CE-4-FB2-88-BE-211308-ED0-A61.jpg

18390747-3-D2-C-44-A5-847-E-8-BADD7590655.jpg

You’ll need to add pictures of the markings on the opposite side of the receiver for more info on age. It appears to be Chinese and is missing its bayonet. As for the claim of unfired that’s impossible to prove.

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    You’ll need to add pictures of the markings on the opposite side of the receiver for more info on age. It appears to be Chinese and is missing its bayonet. As for the claim of unfired that’s impossible to prove.

That is extremely helpful, thank you. I’m going to see if the seller will send me a few extra photos.

JaeLess

Nov 20, 2020
    Not worth 700 without the Bayonet for a Chinese model. I have owned multiple SKS’s in the past (Chinese, Tula Russian, Yugo, Chinese spiker, Albanian) my advice would be to wait and find one for less. They are out there, you just may have to wait. Believe it or not, pawn shops in VA are a good source for them, at decent prices.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    A lot of them were unfired and still covered in packing Grease

True it’s possible if full of cosmoline, that one looks pretty cleaned up though. I bought a Romanian years ago that came still in cosmo and it was pretty evident. Also wondering if it’s unfired- where’s the bayonet, they were generally only sold like that during the 1st AWB.

JaeLess

Nov 20, 2020
    I bought a Yugo still in the box for 150 from the Christian Solder back in 06. I had to soak it in gasoline for half a day to get the cosmoline out of it. After I broke it down, I put it in the oven and sweated out the stock for a few hours. I sanded it and hit it with some polyurethane. It was a gorgeous blonde when I was done. I used to shoot the hell out of it before I sold it.

Hecktor Peabody

Boris Badinov
    Aug 22, 2018
    Southeastern PA
    If the bayonet lug is still intact (hard to tell from the photo), bayonets are fairly easy to acquire under $50.

With the bayonet, $700 is at the high end of the current covid/politics- influenced market.

It appears to be in excellent condition. Late production-- post 1966

Some haggling points you might use to get the price down:

NO sling.
    NO bayo.

and...
    Does it have a cleaning kit?

Acquiring all of those accessories will be another $75

JaeLess

Nov 20, 2020
    Don’t stick your finger in the spring loaded circle in the butt of the stock looking for any accessories. Trust me, it will end bad for you...

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I bought a Yugo still in the box for 150 from the Christian Solder back in 06. I had to soak it in gasoline for half a day to get the cosmoline out of it. After I broke it down, I put it in the oven and sweated out the stock for a few hours. I sanded it and hit it with some polyurethane. It was a gorgeous blonde when I was done. I used to shoot the hell out of it before I sold it.

I surely miss Cristian Soldier. I gave Robert a lot of business there. I bought my first RRA AR15 from him. He closed suddenly some years ago.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Seems exceedingly high but things are crazy right now. Just keep in mind there are no shortage of SKS's out there.

At the end of the day unless there is something special I am missing I would be pushing for $500. But if you really want one, buy once cry once.

I am going back and forth whether to put my Yugo up for sale since I have two Russians.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Worth about $400 the Russian sks is worth$600 ish

Prices have gone up.
    Find out if all the parts are stamped serial number matching including the stock.
    Is the bayonet simply missing or has the bayonet lug been cut off ? Hard to tell in that pic.
    IF all the parts are matching and the bayonet lug is still there it's worth more than $400 these days but certainly a whole lot less than $700

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom