• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I didn’t put in for these when the app period was open, and kinda regretted not doing so this whole time. Well the other week I came across a post on another gun forum, a guy’s number came up and he received a service grade but he was not happy with it.....he had expected a 1911 and not a 1911A1. Long story short, I offered to take it off his hands. It arrived today with all paperwork etc and I am happy with it. ‘44 RR frame and Colt slide. Should be a fine shooter.

Nice, I regret not putting in for one too (I wasn’t aware). I hope CMP does another round, my Garands need a little buddy.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I didn’t put in for these when the app period was open, and kinda regretted not doing so this whole time. Well the other week I came across a post on another gun forum, a guy’s number came up and he received a service grade but he was not happy with it.....he had expected a 1911 and not a 1911A1. Long story short, I offered to take it off his hands. It arrived today with all paperwork etc and I am happy with it. ‘44 RR frame and Colt slide. Should be a fine shooter.
    Very nice

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I went over to TMGN this afternoon and filled out the paperwork and looked it over.
    It's a Remington Rand with an Ithaca slide. I didn't spend much time looking it over so I'm not sure about any other parts on it.
    At the risk of sounding like a real whiner I'm a bit underwhelmed. I had been leary of getting one when all the pictures I saw were of freshly parked, light gray, heavily sandblasted guns. Then lately there's been lots of people getting great looking Field grade guns with nice looking finishes. Good condition guns but with some character to them. So I look at mine and it's a freshly parked (yet scratched up) medium gray, sandblasted gun.
    It's not that it doesn't meet the CMPs description. In fact it well exceeds it. It's just that it's a gun with lots of history that's had all it's character sandblasted and parkerized away.
    Anyway, I'm done complaining. I'll bring it home and see if I warm up to it. If not I shouldn't have too much trouble getting my money back out of it.

I am curious to to know the letters on top mean. Was it some sort of lend lease?

Jul 1, 2012
    I am curious to to know the letters on top mean. Was it some sort of lend lease?

I missed that... there was a recent discussion on the Colt forum about this very mark "MD1" on top of the slide (in that case on a Remington Rand). It denotes it was one of the pistols sent to Springfield Armory for testing out slide hardening methods during WW2. Very cool.
    https://www.coltforum.com/threads/remington-rand-1911a1-trials-pistol.380965

post #10 by user "kwill" in that thread, has a copy of an Army doc shown here.
    Indicates that after lab testing some were distributed for field testing presumably.

Attachments

• MD1.jpg
      MD1.jpg
      111 KB · Views: 349

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I did all my paperwork last Friday and will be able to get my Ithaca out of jail Friday I hope. I’ll post pictures when I do.

As to round two I hope all the .45’s are transferee you the CMP very soon. The cmp has never stated the got a second or maybe third batch of pistols. I can tell u on my paperwork it said I was order 16900. There are about 2k more number till the list is expired. Again crossing my fingers a mass transfer is made in the near future.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I missed that... there was a recent discussion on the Colt forum about this very mark "MD1" on top of the slide (in that case on a Remington Rand). It denotes it was one of the pistols sent to Springfield Armory for testing out slide hardening methods during WW2. Very cool.
    https://www.coltforum.com/threads/remington-rand-1911a1-trials-pistol.380965

post #10 by user "kwill" in that thread, has a copy of an Army doc shown here.
    Indicates that after lab testing some were distributed for field testing presumably.

Nice ! Exactly why i asked. Like Shane762, I was at first disappointed with My CMP Remington Rand , Until i seen someone post about the letters BH on theirs and say it means that it was a lend lease to Austria , I remembered seeing that on one of my 1911's cause i had all the old ones out the day before and lo and behold. the new Remington Rand from the CMP had that marking. My disappointment went away, Its always cool to have something like this in the collection.

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Double checking- anyone use an AGC badge as proof being affiliated with a CMP club? It's on the webpage just making sure I'm not seeing things. I never win anything, but happy to throw my name in the ring.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Double checking- anyone use an AGC badge as proof being affiliated with a CMP club? It's on the webpage just making sure I'm not seeing things. I never win anything, but happy to throw my name in the ring.

Is AGC a club?
    My Associate club is CMP affiliated

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Is AGC a club?
    My Associate club is CMP affiliated

AGC doesn't show up on the CMP club finder but many of the "Associated Clubs" do show up.

No individual "belongs" to the AGC. The AGC is an association of clubs. Like was mentioned many of the clubs that make up the AGC are affiliated with the CMP

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    AGC shows up on the club finder that is linked on the rifle sales page.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 3.14.11 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 3.14.11 PM.jpg
      45.9 KB · Views: 324

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    AGC shows up on the club finder that is linked on the rifle sales page.

That is not the list of affiliated clubs it is for competitions. The club needs to be a CMP Affiliate for firearms purchases.
    By law, the CMP can sell surplus military firearms, ammunition, parts and other items only to members of CMP affiliated clubs who are also U.S. citizens, over 18 years of age and who are legally eligible to purchase a firearm. You must provide a copy of your current membership card or other proof of membership. This requirement cannot be waived. The CMP currently has over 2,000 affiliated organizations located in many parts of the country.

CMP Affiliates:
    https://thecmp.org/clubs/affiliate/

Find an affiliated club:
    https://thecmp.org/clubs/search-clubs/

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Thank you all. I don't know why the AGC organization is listed under affiliated clubs but isn't really a club per se. I guess I'm confused enough to just renew my M1 Collector's Club membership just to be sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom