• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Referring to the standard Lower Parts Kits and NOT the enhanced parts kits (enhanced FC group or finishes, just the standard mil spec), which LPK should we avoid?

Experienced kids non spec? Kits consistently missing parts?

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Hey brother, I've found Anderson LPKs have had bad springs - hammer and trigger, the most important ones....I never use Anderson

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I always go with enhanced w/o FCG. Always have, always will. Not much help.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Avoid Combat Armory's lpks and any other kits that aren't listed as "Made in America". I made the mistake of buying one, and nearly every part was out of spec.

The owner was very responsive and sent an in spec kit for free, but I'd rather pay more and do it right the first time.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I have had good luck with Aero. SOLGW makes a nicer one if you don't mind spending a bit more. Stainless detents and other little upgrades.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have a feeling, next real SHTF scenario, this list will be invaluable. It most likely be all that is left when you feel a need to put one more AR in your arsenal.

Last edited:

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    I’ve recently had to replace a couple of bolt catches and a disconnector from DPMS kits. The bolt catches were both not holding the bolt open. When placed against catches from other brands they were much more rounded at the top. Didn’t seem worn, no real wear marks, just looked round. Everything worked fine when I swapped them out.

Disconnector was a whole other issue. It was longer than all of my others and slightly different in shape. Wouldn’t release the hammer. Swapped with another from another parts kit I had laying around and the trigger worked fine. It may have even been another DPMS kit the swapped part came from.

I’m far from an expert on AR triggers. I just use the standard mil-spec/faux-spec that comes with the LPK in most builds. Maybe the weird disconnector went to another type of trigger and DPMS put it in the wrong kit.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've only put a dozen or so lowers together, but the only one I had a problem with was a DPMS LPK. Roll pins were out of spec. RRA was good, no probs with the Anderson or Aero.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    PSA is inconsistent. I had one kit that had no issues at all. I've got another that's showing rust.

The one with no issues was used for a couple of years and saw moisture and plenty of range time before I swapped it out for an SOLGW LPK.

I'm going to let the lower with signs of corrosion as is for a while and see what happens.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    Referring to the standard Lower Parts Kits and NOT the enhanced parts kits (enhanced FC group or finishes, just the standard mil spec), which LPK should we avoid?

Experienced kids non spec? Kits consistently missing parts?
    I was about to post the same. Anyone have any feedback on the JBO lower parts kits without trigger? They're $28 and I was wondering how they compare to quality parts kits?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Have found rough or out of spec stuff with Anderson and DPMS, Aero without grip and FCG is my go-to, local gun shop stocks CMMG parts, and I'll use them if I need individual parts, never a problem with those two brands

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Have found rough or out of spec stuff with Anderson and DPMS, Aero without grip and FCG is my go-to, local gun shop stocks CMMG parts, and I'll use them if I need individual parts, never a problem with those two brands

I've used DPMS twice and one or two parts had a rough edge but other than that it was just OK for me.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Aero without grip and FCG is my go-to

I have been also happy with Aero upper and lower receivers.

What do you guys think of Rock River LPKs?

[EDIT] Ok I see one for RR above. I have used their kits and on sale you can get their 2 stage trigger which is a better starter trigger than most.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I always go with enhanced w/o FCG. Always have, always will. Not much help.

I've been using Strike Industries enhanced LPKs for the last few years. Not a lick of trouble. I think they're bolt release is one of the best out there. Better than the Geissele maritime release IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom