• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    And why did they ask if he wanted to apply for a non restricted permit because he is a business owner?

Their SOP states that business owners get restrictions of "NONE".

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NBF

Jun 26, 2010
    SOMD
    That’s correct. This is the way it’s currently done in the sovereign State of Maryland. Let’s hope for continued momentum of one day not needing to furnish this information and becoming a Shall Issue state.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I'm gonna respectfully disagree. I'm on my 2nd renewal, I haven't sent a single sheet of paper worth of documentation to the MSP since about 2011.

Nothing.

They make me do it with paper verification every renewal , and the first time i received my brand new permit in 47 days door to door .

Renewals are taking 90 plus and every time i have to send in my PA permit because they call and tell me they will swear out an arrest on me if not mailed back in 5 days .

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    They make me do it with paper verification every renewal , and the first time i received my brand new permit in 47 days door to door .

Renewals are taking 90 plus and every time i have to send in my PA permit because they call and tell me they will swear out an arrest on me if not mailed back in 5 days .
    Let me guess, YORK COUNTY?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Let me guess, YORK COUNTY?

You win a prize .

I know i am bitter about this government agency but i have suffered from their deliberate ways in which they handle permit holders .

I get my very first permit in 47 days and all other renewals after 90 days , something is wrong .

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    They all come from York now. I have a permit issued from Lancaster, York is the one who sent out the nastygram (registered) mail to me from my MD renewal (no lapse).

Then it's like jumping through hoops to speak to anyone up there. Somewhat important when they word the letter as they do....:o
    Wrong! Mine still comes from Adam's County. I was about 60 days late emailing my MD renewal to them and still receive a very nice thank you from the Sheriff.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Yes. ANY COUNTY. Also says you must have a permit from your home state "To apply" for a permit. Adam's will let your PA permit run yo the expiration date.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I talked to a officer in York , he said mail back the permit or have a warrant sworn out on you . I told him there was no way i was going to let it get that far . I also told him i will Open Carry in PA while waiting for MD.

It is the dumbest PA thing ever , OC no permit , waiting for renewal in MD. and because i have a PA. permit they can swear out a warrant on me for not using the permit but by merely having it . SMH

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom