• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    hunt draws in lottery states... 2019-20. EDT

The big western state draws are happening now.

The folks I work with and family drew very little in NV. 5 adult and 2 kids got 1 adult archery mule deer and 1 youth mule deer.

Zip for elk and lopes.

Looks like lower/slower for swamp deer this year.

Anyone else having good luck for those lottery hunts?

Last edited:

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    It might amuse you to know the buffalo were so tame when Lewis and Clark passed (1804 ish)
    the animals would come and rub up to them?
    The calves would latch on especially. Then they would eat them as veal.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i should hear any day now for colorado elk draw. skunked in new mex and wy. if successful, this will be my 2nd colo elk hunt. drew last year and scouted and hunted hard. saw some nice elk way on private land before the hunt started. had two cow elk pass by me on opening morning and that was all the elk i saw the whole week.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Remember that there are great areas that are over the counter. We’ve had decent luck in Idaho, just have to do a lot of hiking. It’s hard to fathom hunting out west versus east coast. Game a’plenty around here and extremely easy for a license.

We are on the every other year plan, good luck to everyone in 2019 and see you on the trail in 2020

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am hoping in another 2 or 3 years I can finally start entering some of these. Still need to save up more money and need to be in a better place with work and the kids getting older to take the week+ it would be to do one. I am hoping my neighbor will be able to start entering and join me then also, but he is probably a few more years away. He’s still having kids (just had his second, her third. They may have one more from their talk). So if he has any more he is probably 7-8 years away from being able to do it. If he’s done maybe 5-6 years away from it.

Another friend might be able to do it in 3-5.

My wife just might put her foot down and not let me do it solo.

Good luck guys living my fantasy.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    my credit card got pinged for colorado elk, first rifle, so i'm going elk hunting for 2nd time!!!!! not sure which unit yet as that info isn't showing on colorado's website.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    so i drew the same hunt as last year, nw colo, above rifle and grand junction and below meeker and rangely, units 21, 22, 30, 31 & 32. will probably repeat most of last year, drive out early to do at least a couple days of scouting, though will prob focus on western half of the unit that i didn't touch much last year.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The drawing for Maine's moose hunting permits will take place this Saturday, June 8 at Cabela's in Scarborough, Maine. The drawing of permits will begin at 2pm.

The full results will be made available online by 6pm Saturday evening at mefishwildlife.com

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Archery season is opening in some of the left coast states.

A guide acquaintance has already posted some awesome mule deer pics. In velvet and HUGE!

Looks like lower slower this year. The deer are smaller, but the company is excellent! And the scrapple sandwiches exist! And are great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom