• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    Your rights being determined by a teenager with mental instabilities.

Yes, here she is folks. the "know it all" to save us from our outdated Constitutional dogma. Let's dive head long into the future of 16 year olds that need to vote. They saw a gun once in their life and know that it's scary. Though she is sure a .22 is too small to kill quickly. (though the suppressed .22 was the standard for WW2 "spies") Let us embrace the children ideals with the assured knowledge that they will not regret their choices at 30. :mad54:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I've felt for a long time that many antigun people are violent, unstable people that rely on external checks on their behaviors to regulate them. It's why you get lots of comments like, "but if everyone is carrying a gun, what's stopping someone from just gunning down someone that cuts them off in line at the supermarket?"....I dunno, human decency and basic morality? It's like they have difficulty controlling violent tendencies and need an authority to control them for them. The concept that a good man can possess the capability to harm someone, but doesn't have the desire to...or at least that they can choose not to, is completely foreign to them.

You see the same thing with trying to make up for racism with that side too. They'll say something like, "but how are people of color ever going to be successful if we don't create special programs for them to help them!?"...that mindset springs solely from the conclusion that black folks aren't just as capable as everyone else to be successful.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I've felt for a long time that many antigun people are violent, unstable people that rely on external checks on their behaviors to regulate them. It's why you get lots of comments like, "but if everyone is carrying a gun, what's stopping someone from just gunning down someone that cuts them off in line at the supermarket?"....I dunno, human decency and basic morality? It's like they have difficulty controlling violent tendencies and need an authority to control them for them. The concept that a good man can possess the capability to harm someone, but doesn't have the desire to...or at least that they can choose not to, is completely foreign to them.

You see the same thing with trying to make up for racism with that side too. They'll say something like, "but how are people of color ever going to be successful if we don't create special programs for them to help them!?"...that mindset springs solely from the conclusion that black folks aren't just as capable as everyone else to be successful.

You hit the nail on the head! :thumbsup:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Maybe she should file a petition against her father under her Red Flag law. She seems concerned that he stores his guns in an unsafe manner, which endangers others.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Remember, they have set aside a HUGE crowd overflow room with big screens and speakers on the first floor of the House Building that will show the hearings underway live in the House Judiciary Committee room.

This overflow room, historically, turns into an awesome MDshooters “class reunion” of sorts, where you can talk and hang out with folks that you regularly hang with online.

There is a cafeteria in the basement, but bring sandwiches, snacks and energy bars if you like.

See you in the morning, or the afternoon if that is your best time to make it!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    You notice that if you are a “scarred” by a drunk driving incident, you, as a juror, are stricken from sitting on a drunk driving injury case.

There’s a reason public policy is best done by people who adhere to facts, figures and statistics, and not...

....Shadows Of EMO

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013

I also think this is the case with many that seek external structure to curb their base impulses and they are just projecting when they want it legislated to all.

You touch on one of the main secular basis of ethics, humanism. An area ethics that also generally supports individual freedom to the fullest extent possible.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    So let me get this straight , this woman. Wants to use her act of disobedience as a teen as a reason to oppress law abiding citizens from having their God given right to own a gun.

Ridiculous.

CBo

Feb 11, 2018
    Columbia
    what the hell, her testimony is a joke, shes ALIVE TESTIFYING, the "unsecured" gun was ok, I HATE people who talk about suicide, she clearly was not even close to that line. Her story would equate to me saying when I was a teenager and depressed, I once was at a sidewalk and thought about running into the street. therefore, because it is so easy for a teenager to run into the street, it is illegal to walk next to any road.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom