• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    so as i have been carrying for the last few weeks a few questions have popped into my head.
    I have requested a hearing to have my restrictions removed but we all know how long that can take.
    So based on the standard business restrictions "can carry to and from work and while conduction business for said company".

I wanted to better understand the following:

So i can carry to work...am i aloud to stop for coffee or breakfast? Guess this is technically "NO"

When at work...may i leave for lunch?

What if i need to drive a customer car? or a clients car whiling working?

Did MSP even understand that I also had a job besides owning a business?

What about running earns on the way home from work? Guess that's a "NO"

What about dropping my daughter off at school? Or picking her up...or what if she is sick and i need to pick her up early from school? These are all NO as well right!

Sorry if these are stupid but there are a lot of holes here.

bblicke1

Oct 22, 2018
    I can tell you school will be a big no regardless of restrictions.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    so as i have been carrying for the last few weeks a few questions have popped into my head.
    I have requested a hearing to have my restrictions removed but we all know how long that can take.
    So based on the standard business restrictions "can carry to and from work and while conduction business for said company".

I wanted to better understand the following:

So i can carry to work...am i aloud to stop for coffee or breakfast? Guess this is technically "NO"

When at work...may i leave for lunch?

What if i need to drive a customer car? or a clients car whiling working?

Did MSP even understand that I also had a job besides owning a business?

What about running earns on the way home from work? Guess that's a "NO"

What about dropping my daughter off at school? Or picking her up...or what if she is sick and i need to pick her up early from school? These are all NO as well right!

Sorry if these are stupid but there are a lot of holes here.

OP , I would advise you attend HPRB to get a back ground on what "WE" are up against in Maryland .
    There is no legal advice here just opinions based on what has happened to some here and a history of this state f'ing the citizens of Maryland . It really seems un-warrant

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    OP , I would advise you attend HPRB to get a back ground on what "WE" are up against in Maryland .

There is no legal advice here just opinions based on what has happened to some here and a history of this state f'ing the citizens of Maryland . It really seems un-warrant
    Yes I want to attend some meetings for multiple reasons! I did not realize there were meetings and that we the people could even attend. But now I do... What is the schedule?
    I am out of the country the next few weeks but when I get back I definitely want to attend!

And I fully understand that anything discussed is opinion and or experience and not law or fact!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Yes I want to attend some meetings for multiple reasons! I did not realize there were meetings and that we the people could even attend. But now I do... What is the schedule?
    I am out of the country the next few weeks but when I get back I definitely want to attend!

And I fully understand that anything discussed is opinion and or experience and not law or fact!

Since you are over a certain post you can go right now and listen over the internet .
    HPRB first page and click on the link for audio .

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    In Pa you had none of this BS... You either had your CCW or you did not! End of story!

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line

Every month, 1st & 3rd Tuesday, 6:00 PM

100 Community Place
    Crownsville

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    I had a discussion with someone at MSP regarding this. The discussion was off the record, so to speak. The person I spoke with was very helpful. Keep in mind this is not at all an official position of MSP or legal advice. This is what we discussed:

MSP Troopers are mostly people who appreciate and support 2A
    Their hands are tied
    They know that anyone who has a permit has gone through a background check, and is very likely an upstanding citizen. If anyone is going to get cut a break, it's you.
    *YOU* define when you are working for your business. The inference was that in an encounter with LEO, if you say you are within your restrictions and it isn't obvious otherwise, you should be OK.

That said, not every LEO is educated, trained, or has the same mentality when it comes to this, so it's entirely possible you'll sit on the side of the road in shackles for a couple of hours while they sort it out. In my case, the only time I'm obviously not within my restrictions is when I'm walking my dog. (I typically don't carry my wallet, which contains my permit, when walking my dog, so I can't carry then anyway.) But I have very broadly defined restrictions. I could be out to dinner with my wife, who is also my business partner, and make the case that I'm within my restriction. I could be going to Target to pick up some things, because they could be business supplies. Stopping on the way home to grab a pizza should still be OK. Two people at MSP referred to my permit as "essentially unrestricted".

I'm still appealing to the HPRB.

One other thing to mention. Not long after I got my permit, I was carrying on my way to the range. I stopped to grab lunch. As I approached the door of the sub shop, I noticed a man in what looked like a military uniform. Turned out, once he was next to me and I was holding the door open for him, that he was a Baltimore County police officer.

I panicked. I was so sure he could see it, and that I was going to have to explain how I was within my restrictions as an owner of PJS's Wife's Company, LLC, and that he wasn't going to buy it, and I was going to jail, and my wife was going to kill me, and oh my god how expensive will an attorney be?

We exchanged pleasantries. He had no idea I was carrying - and I was carrying a G23 OWB under a pullover. (Or he did know I was carrying, and decided that a person who would hold the door for him while carrying a handgun is probably a law abiding citizen within their permit restrictions).

I quit worrying about it, and carry pretty much everywhere unless it's obvious I'm not working and could not make the case that I am (typically, those times are also when I'm having a couple of beers, when I wouldn't carry anyway). It's unlikely that anyone will ever notice unless you tell them or you have to use it. Don't do the former, and if you have to do the latter, being outside your restrictions is better than being dead.

YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom