MAC 11 9mm carbine legal after October???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 12a10

Apr 6, 2009
    AA County Crownsville
    MAC 11 9mm carbine with fixed stock and 16 in barrel is not currently regulated although the pistol version is banned. Does this status change after October --assuming OEM 10 round magazine????

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    As of now it's Not Regulated, Cash and Carry. After Oct.1 no one knows how the Law in actually written. Some FFLs believe that they are going to update the 'AWB' list. But if it remains the same. Yes it will be still Non Regulated.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    As of now it's Not Regulated, Cash and Carry. After Oct.1 no one knows how the Law in actually written. Some FFLs believe that they are going to update the 'AWB' list. But if it remains the same. Yes it will be still Non Regulated.

The list cannot simply be "updated." Since the list is codified (it's in a statute), it will require an act of the General Assembly to amend/update. I have no doubt in my mind they'll try to update the list of weapons us serfs shan't be trusted with, but they can't just "update" the list at their leisure.

As I said before, it's a two step analysis after 10/1:

1) If the firearm is specifically listed, not a copy, but specifically listed, then it is banned. If not, go to step 2.

2) Any weapon not listed in #1 is considered a "copycat weapon." If it has too many "bad" features it is banned. If not, then it is good to go. Since the list in #1 is everything that is regulated, anything purchased under #2 will be cash and carry because the sale of "regulated" (again, only the firearms in #1 are "regulated") will be permitted.

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    Every time I purchase a Non Regulated Firearm, I hear about MD updating their 'AWB' list. And if you think about it....that list is really old. It's good thing for us, just some things Maryland does it just plain stupid.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    1) If the firearm is specifically listed, not a copy, but specifically listed, then it is banned.
    Well, wait a second. The "and their copies" language got excised from the assault pistols list. But it never got excised from the "assault long guns" list.

I actually think the statute is written in a way that only includes the specific named long guns and not their copies, but it would be SHOCKING if this turned out to be how it was interpreted, because that is not even remotely how it was meant by the legislators.

spacer75

Amateur Rocket Scientist
    Jul 29, 2011
    Is the OAL less than 29 inches? If so, I think it'll be banned as a "copycat".

Edit: NM, if it's the Masterpiece Arms MPA1SST, it looks to be 31.75 inches.

sar82007

Apr 6, 2013
    People's Republic of MD
    Legal but won't ship

Yeah I bought a CZ50 or CZ82 on Gunauction.com. Even though they're sold locally in MD the guy wouldn't send it here. Even after I explained they're sold locally he still wouldn't ship it. So I gave him negative feedback that he deserved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom