• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You never showed your new purchase to a friend?

But hard to be a collector, with a collection of ONE. And that one is nothing special.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    But hard to be a collector, with a collection of ONE. And that one is nothing special.

Every collection has to start somewhere. I'm sure Maryland has Designated Collectors (still living and residing in the state) whose collection size is ZERO. They can show their collections to friends wherever they happen to be, with pride or lack thereof.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    MSP will not issue a DC letter unless you have at least one registered regulated firearm

And if one later sells that one firearm? The letter is still good and so is the collector status. Collection size is then zero where it started and may begin growing again at a later time.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I am going to keep doing WTF I feel I need to do and not mention the whens and wheres. Nobody has any reason to search my person, or my vehicle.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And if one later sells that one firearm? The letter is still good and so is the collector status. Collection size is then zero where it started and may begin growing again at a later time.

Good point. Did not consider that

But MSP will not issue a letter unless you have at least one initially

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    MSP will not issue a DC letter unless you have at least one registered regulated firearm

Now, but that was not the case a few years ago.

I recall the thread when they started no issuing them until you have one regulated firearm purchase. But they would hold them until you did.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Proceed to Royal Farms for your chicken dinner.

I very recently travelled with some friends to an undisclosed location to pick up pigs we planned to disassemble and eat. We got a super deal on young pigs. We did not know if we would need to dispatch any unruly pigs at the pick-up location. I may have traveled with a suppressed handgun. We got them all loaded and dispatched them with a suppressed handgun at another undisclosed location. I had a valid reason to have a handgun (if I actually travelled with it). A reason not covered under the statute. At no time was any human in danger. No pigs survived.

Attachments

• 9E1695E0-4C0E-438C-8137-898A669D1479.jpg
      9E1695E0-4C0E-438C-8137-898A669D1479.jpg
      110.9 KB · Views: 176

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I very recently travelled with some friends to an undisclosed location to pick up pigs we planned to disassemble and eat. We got a super deal on young pigs. We did not know if we would need to dispatch any unruly pigs at the pick-up location. I may have traveled with a suppressed handgun. We got them all loaded and dispatched them with a suppressed handgun at another undisclosed location. I had a valid reason to have a handgun (if I actually travelled with it). A reason not covered under the statute. At no time was any human in danger. No pigs survived.

I got to hear all about it from above mentioned friend this morning. :)

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I keep many of my guns in Virginia at the home of my mother and sister. If you violate any firearms law here in Maryland, it's my understanding that they can come into your home and take your other guns. I despise it here. My wife insists on staying in this miserable state and my only choice is to divorce her or talk her into moving out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom