• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BmoreBirds88

Mar 30, 2019
    Hi guys, my name is Ben & I’m everything politicians in Maryland (& beyond) love to hate.

New to the forum & am very happy to have found this place as we all know the struggle to exercise basic rights in Maryland has become an exhausting routine. Feels good getting that reassurance that there are still reasonable people throughout this (once) great state.

Anyway... I’ve been binge reading the threads on here, especially the ones about 77r, & wanted to see if I could get one (or more) of my fellow Marylanders to share some knowledge/experience.

If you purchase firearm @ licensed dealer & submitted/paid for 77r on a Sunday afternoon does that mean your first “day” of the 7 starts Monday? If that is correct, Sunday would be the 7th day so Monday I should get the “not disapproved” email?

MSP website says something about if the 7th day falls on Sunday you can’t pick up until Tuesday.. then they go on to talk about the Sunday/holiday blah blah. So I’m not sure if I should expect my constitutional rights to be approved Monday or Tuesday....

Any insight/answers would be much appreciated!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    First, you will get an email at 5:58 am on the correct day of pickup saying "congratulations" you are "not disapproved" and may pick up your firearm. So regardless, the MSP automated system now does the correct calculation for you. Generally the rule is if you do paperwork on a Tuesday, you pick up the following Tuesday.

Second, in earlier times of yore, Sunday and Monday pickup were no bueno and I have avoided doing paperwork on those days so I would not have to wait 9 days instead of 7. But then I realized I was waiting anyway. However, I have seen a few recent threads that with the new 77e process, people are getting their pick-up emails on Sunday or Monday - a welcome change. Be the guinea pig, try it, report back. You will either get it next sunday, monday or the latest tuesday. There is really no downside to starting your paperwork early - you are waiting with your 77e in the queue, or not.

Some of the language on various parts of the website is a legacy of those days of yore and has yet to be changed. What matters is the email will arrive on the correct day.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    If you start the process on Monday, for some reason you won’t get your email until the following Tuesday. No clue why, ask your FFL. They told me this, and were absolutely correct. 3 or 4 times now it has proven to be true. Buy Monday, wait 8 days, any other day it’s a 7 day wait. It’s weird I know, but you can count on it.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    And, fwiw, the email doesn’t always arrive. Neighbor submitted a 77r on Sunday 17 Mar. portal showed not disapproved a/o 24 Mar but since he was waiting for an email, he didn’t realize he was not disapproved.

He checked spam folder and still didn’t have email on 26 Mar so he starting calling LGS, MSP and logged into the portal. MSP confirmed he was good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    If the 7th day falls on a Sunday, or legal holiday the next day that is neither a Sunday or legal holiday will be counted as the 7th day and you can pick up the following day.
    now go introduce yourself...

BmoreBirds88

Mar 30, 2019
    Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. Love how helpful everyone is on here.

Just wanted to provide an update in case anyone needs to reference this in the future

I purchased my handgun on the afternoon of 3/24/19, submitted/paid for application around 15:30 on same day (Sunday, 3/24). MSP website said “date forwarded” was 3/24 & it remained “under review” all week. Since my 7th day would technically be today, Sunday 3/31, I had a hard time sleeping last night since I was eager to see if that magical email approving my constitutional rights was sent @ 0600. Set my alarm (however I didn’t need it because my internal clock woke me up @ 0200, then 0400, then 0500, then I said screw it I’ll just stay up & refresh my email until 0600 like a crazy person).. Sure enough, at exactly 0600 my email refreshed & I received the emailing saying my constitutional rights were “NOT DISAPPROVED”!!

So, I’m not sure if this is a one-off or if we can expect Sunday to be a normal approval day included in the “7” (when it’s not preceded or followed by a holiday) but in my case it was approved no differently than if I purchased on a Tuesday. I did see other posts where folks also received the email on Sunday so it seems with the ‘new(er)’ 77e Sunday is not a lost day as it was in the times of old.

Super excited & am counting down the minutes until the FFL I purchased from opens today! I’ll be there to complete my purchase soon as they open & then will immediately be going back home to send some lead down range.

Thanks again for the insight folks, greatly appreciated. You’ll be seeing a lot me of me around here now that I’ve found this B-E-A-UTIFUL place filled with like-minded, law abiding, constitution loving patriots.

Last edited:

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Submitted 24th st there's your day 1.
    7th day Sat 3-30-19.
    3-31-19 pickup is right on time.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Submitted 24th st there's your day 1.
    7th day Sat 3-30-19.
    3-31-19 pickup is right on time.

Absolutely correct. The 8th day (after 7 day wait) is never an issue uf it is a Sunday. The issue is if the 7th day ( day before your normal release) is a Sunday or Federal holiday. Then the release is delayed.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Looks like I have been victimized by the Monday purchase. I bought mid-morning last Monday but have not received the "Not Disapproved" e-mail. The web site shows the status as Under Review. Maybe tomorrow I'll get the e-mail or a not so polite early morning knock on the door.

Bigge2511

Nov 17, 2018
    I went into secondary review and then it changed back to under review mdsp for a stripped lower. It’s been around 7 days. Why the hold up. Never had any issues with any other

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. Love how helpful everyone is on here.

Just wanted to provide an update in case anyone needs to reference this in the future

I purchased my handgun on the afternoon of 3/24/19, submitted/paid for application around 15:30 on same day (Sunday, 3/24). MSP website said “date forwarded” was 3/24 & it remained “under review” all week. Since my 7th day would technically be today, Sunday 3/31, I had a hard time sleeping last night since I was eager to see if that magical email approving my constitutional rights was sent @ 0600. Set my alarm (however I didn’t need it because my internal clock woke me up @ 0200, then 0400, then 0500, then I said screw it I’ll just stay up & refresh my email until 0600 like a crazy person).. Sure enough, at exactly 0600 my email refreshed & I received the emailing saying my constitutional rights were “NOT DISAPPROVED”!!

So, I’m not sure if this is a one-off or if we can expect Sunday to be a normal approval day included in the “7” (when it’s not preceded or followed by a holiday) but in my case it was approved no differently than if I purchased on a Tuesday. I did see other posts where folks also received the email on Sunday so it seems with the ‘new(er)’ 77e Sunday is not a lost day as it was in the times of old.

Super excited & am counting down the minutes until the FFL I purchased from opens today! I’ll be there to complete my purchase soon as they open & then will immediately be going back home to send some lead down range.

Thanks again for the insight folks, greatly appreciated. You’ll be seeing a lot me of me around here now that I’ve found this B-E-A-UTIFUL place filled with like-minded, law abiding, constitution loving patriots.

Is this your first handgun purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom