What did YOU do to fight gun control this year?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    To what end? I think this falls under, "meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Their minds are made up - they aren't going to listen or be swayed because, simply put, they don't want to.

OK not directly pertaining to trickG's post but the OP and others who reacted. I will begin by saying as a non Jew, but certainly not a Jew hater or knowledgeable about Jewish ways, and the differences between our Jewish to Jewish, Jewish to Gentile, Gentile to Black, Black to Hispanic, Etc etc. I will simply speak my thoughts while reading this thread.

Let's not split hairs or split intentions when it comes to getting the message out.
    The enemy is not us, it is the Antis. No intention to ruffle any feathers for the OP, SG, Eruby, or anyone else's previous comments either. Just voicing how I think myself and anyone willing to do so can make a positive step to forward our cause.

Now for trickG, You may feel the fruitless effort of showing our position to the Anti's and basically concede the loss because you are hopeless of making a difference. Well, how about when we show up and show our message in front of EVERYONE in the legislation and to the public, those who DO FIGHT FOR US, feel compelled to keep doing so and keep our Dog in the fight to bear it's teeth to fight off the rabid dog that seeks to Infringe upon our rights.

The lesson I learn in all my efforts is not only are we fighting for MD 2A, but National 2A, the Constitution and the 1st Amendment is also at peril here.

Think about that for anyone just saying the fight is useless.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    OH, so the only way to entertain u is to have people be violent. Ok. Mods mental check on aisle 5.

You wanted to know what people are doing. Read more.

I doubt you'll see the efforts of others because your head is literally stuck up your ass. Perhaps what others here are doing don't count in your mind because we are just a bunch of anti-Semitic honkeys, right?

A charity boxing match isn't violence. Are you game for a charity boxing match?

We can donate the proceeds to MSI if I win and you can keep the proceeds if you win.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    LOL, this isn't about who gets credit. Ultimately, I think we all know this won't end well and no one gets credit for a loss. This is about everyone doing their part and recognizing that there is something for everyone to do.

Rhetorical ;)

the plaque was a quote of, I think, a Coca Cola CEO from the 20s - but Truman was actually quoted as saying something nearly identical.

Yes, Truman quote. But, it was also a on a plaque on President Reagan's desk. He liked the quote.

You can buy one for $29.95.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    LOL, really? Does anyone blame the pro gun advocates for not trying hard enough? I guess I would be annoyed with people who complain about gun laws, but can't trouble themselves to show up and fight for them. But I don't think anyone blames them for losing the fight?

Yes, really. Have you noticed the NRA post bump stock when they conceded the fight for some stupid faith of a quid pro quo? Then there are the folks who get mad about litigation when it loses that the litigant was picked wrong. I could go on.

What exactly did you do before this year? And since you brought it up, squaregroupee just rubbed it in your face that you turned down help for a meeting with one of the delegates because of arrogance (or perhaps your distaste for folks that you don’t have enough in common with)...

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    Did you stop to think why I only mentioned Hettleman and not: Zirkin, Stein and Cardin? Did it phase you that I may have known her husband Jeff and her in-laws Myra and Buzzy for much longer than she has been in politics?
    Keep alienating yourself from potential allies and your existing circle will continue to shrink.
    This is Shmuel's MDS claim to fame... https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?231485&p=5445203#post5445203

OK, I guess someone with such a close relationship to hettleman can do the impossible. I think money usually speaks the loudest, and if the money can't get us a meeting, I don't think anything can.

Same goes for the rest of them. Impossible to get a meeting with them in Pikesville during the session. Which makes total sense since they are crazy busy during session. But we'll meet with them after the session so they can get to know us better before the gun grab next session. I'll try and drop ur name when we meet with hettleman. Politicians love name dropping.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I will fight as long as i can fight , just who i am . The thread does bother me , but sometimes getting from point A to B takes time and is painful .

OK, I guess someone with such a close relationship to hettleman can do the impossible. I think money usually speaks the loudest, and if the money can't get us a meeting, I don't think anything can.

Same goes for the rest of them. Impossible to get a meeting with them in Pikesville during the session. Which makes total sense since they are crazy busy during session. But we'll meet with them after the session so they can get to know us better before the gun grab next session. I'll try and drop ur name when we meet with hettleman. Politicians love name dropping.

Your attitude is likely the biggest reason none of them are willing to speak with you.

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    Yes, really. Have you noticed the NRA post bump stock when they conceded the fight for some stupid faith of a quid pro quo? Then there are the folks who get mad about litigation when it loses that the litigant was picked wrong. I could go on.

What exactly did you do before this year? And since you brought it up, squaregroupee just rubbed it in your face that you turned down help for a meeting with one of the delegates because of arrogance (or perhaps your distaste for folks that you don’t have enough in common with)...

Oh, I agree that making concessions on those types of issues are not good. Especially since we can't really trust dems to take what we agree on and stop there. I'm referring mostly to people who apathetic. It's easy to be discouraged, but I think it people knew how easy it was to do even the smallest bit, they might be more encouraged. I also think it's the responsibility of group leaders and advocates to reach out to their members and friends and help them do whatever they can.

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    Your attitude is likely the biggest reason none of them are willing to speak with you.

Funny, cuz we had 30 min conference calls with every delegate from Pikesville except one who is still pending. I apologize to everyone for forcing hettleman to vote for gun control because of my bad attitude.

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    You wanted to know what people are doing. Read more.

I doubt you'll see the efforts of others because your head is literally stuck up your ass. Perhaps what others here are doing don't count in your mind because we are just a bunch of anti-Semitic honkeys, right?

A charity boxing match isn't violence. Are you game for a charity boxing match?

We can donate the proceeds to MSI if I win and you can keep the proceeds if you win.

LOL, i thought the match was between me and eruby? If he gets to put it in an sub so do I. Lemme just call my buddy Mike Tyson and see if he's available.

I'll do a shooting competition though, with you and eruby. I'll probably lose, but I love shooting, so it's always win.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Oh, I agree that making concessions on those types of issues are not good. Especially since we can't really trust dems to take what we agree on and stop there. I'm referring mostly to people who apathetic. It's easy to be discouraged, but I think it people knew how easy it was to do even the smallest bit, they might be more encouraged. I also think it's the responsibility of group leaders and advocates to reach out to their members and friends and help them do whatever they can.

I’m not discouraged, I’m explaining that blame does in fact occur because you “lol’d” at the notion. You didn’t answer my question.

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD

Our club has only been active for 4 years. We hosted Mark Pennak at our meeting the past 3 years and Jon joseeltn the year before. Last year I wrote my blog and did the email campaign with signatures. I also provided my members with a list of all their delegates and their contact info and we called and emailed all of them. I also spoke to Zirkin legislative aide for almost an hour last year about the campus carry bill. 2 years ago, our club had not decided on whether to be politically active as a group. But, I still called Zirkin about the campus carry bill and talked his aides ear off for an hour. Members of our group have gone to testify the last three years as far as I know but this year was the first time w actually sent people on the groups behalf.

I wish I had know more and had done more. And like I said before. I wish I had known more in 2013, but I had only become a gun owner the year before and our club didn't exist. This year, I admit we should have started earlier, but personally, I was waiting for Mark to come speak to our club in the beginning of February to kick off our campaign. I

I'm trying to make up for lost time by doing everything in my power to fight. We already have a plan for next year, but you know as well as I do that they don't give us any advances notice for most of the bills.

Every year, our group is looking for new ways to advocate. And I'll continue sharing our efforts in this group in the hope that people will be inspired to do the same.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Let's see, all in one thread we have:

1. A call out thread
    2. A look at me and how awesome I am
    3. Read my blog
    4. Join our club
    5. You're a Nazi

we're done