• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Just say the news story about the Baltimore city school police and carrying on duty in the schools. Parent saying how horrible it is that the department didn't ask permission of the parents before this, how guns shouldn't be in school. Police chief saying, truthfully I think, when are they going to be able to do their job no how if this is an issue it will be addressed later when something bad happens.

I can't believe some parents, yes I am a parent, think they should be asked permission for the police to be the police. But they will be the first to criticize when something bad happens and the police are not equipt.

The chief seemed ok, and stated "why don't we want to protect our most precious" children............I agree.

TD

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    They want the impossibility of having it both ways. Safe children and no armed good guys for miles. Never seems to cross their mind that they can only pick one.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Has the story changed ? when this story first came out for this bill it was called "housekeeping " as BCP was carrying in schools , even though it IS against the law for them to do so

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    This story was about the school police, not Baltimore city police. How is it a school can say a police officer cannot carry any of their tools they are charged with.

Is this a city thing? We have had campus police visit our high school in uniform for something totally unrelated to police work and they, in uniform, carried.

TD

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just say the news story about the Baltimore city school police and carrying on duty in the schools. Parent saying how horrible it is that the department didn't ask permission of the parents before this, how guns shouldn't be in school. Police chief saying, truthfully I think, when are they going to be able to do their job no how if this is an issue it will be addressed later when something bad happens.

I can't believe some parents, yes I am a parent, think they should be asked permission for the police to be the police. But they will be the first to criticize when something bad happens and the police are not equipt.

The chief seemed ok, and stated "why don't we want to protect our most precious" children............I agree.

TD

Sounds like this is about HB0101/SB0017, and the continual drumbeat to keep guns out of schools at all costs.

The bills will legitimize the carry of firearms on City school [related] properties, where recently such carry has been occurring anyway, in technical violation of the law).

On balance, they seem to be positive bills... but the knee-jerk "anti" media and the ninny handwringers will continue to parade Sandy Hook and Columbine in front of the cameras, as if the guns themselves are the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom