• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Picked up this Remington Rand 1911A1 up from Brian at South Carroll. Quite an interesting example of a many times rebuilt WW2 RR.
    Serial number puts it around 1943, has rebuild marks from both Rock Island Arsenal and Springfield Armory, also has an early WW2 replacement Remington Rand slide designated by the M1911 A1 U.S. Army on the slide, this was only put on early Remington Rand spare replacement slides.
    Looks like it had little to no use after the last rebuild.

Attachments

• IMG_1320.jpg
      IMG_1320.jpg
      97.1 KB · Views: 504
    • IMG_1325.jpg
      IMG_1325.jpg
      106 KB · Views: 475
    • IMG_1311.jpg
      IMG_1311.jpg
      71.9 KB · Views: 486
    • IMG_1319.jpg
      IMG_1319.jpg
      33.9 KB · Views: 477
    • IMG_1317.jpg
      IMG_1317.jpg
      77.7 KB · Views: 487

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I have one with the same “career path”. It’s not nearly as nice as yours. The FK inspector mark just below and to the right of the serial number is Frank Krack who was at RIA from 1941-1946.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Looks like slight remnants of a rack number on the grip. Glad you bought it. I would have but, I already have one. Nice piece of history!

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Congrats! Nicely done. Gotta love an early wartime RR (a typewriter company). I have its original brother in the For Sale area for comparison....

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That is a really nice gun. If I hadn't recently gotten two from a member here I might have been all over that too!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I've always focused on early 1911s so I don't know much about A1s. But even I can see this is an outstanding find. Congrats!

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Picked up this Remington Rand 1911A1 up from Brian at South Carroll. Quite an interesting example of a many times rebuilt WW2 RR.
    Serial number puts it around 1943, has rebuild marks from both Rock Island Arsenal and Springfield Armory, also has an early WW2 replacement Remington Rand slide designated by the M1911 A1 U.S. Army on the slide, this was only put on early Remington Rand spare replacement slides.
    Looks like it had little to no use after the last rebuild.

Hated to get rid of one from my personal collection, you definitely got a nice one!

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Hated to get rid of one from my personal collection, you definitely got a nice one!

Thanks Brian, I do appreciate it.

While the ones that have had little to no use and are all original sure are nice I can really appreciate one like this with all the markings showing a long service life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom