• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I have, but not sure how many people even have rifles that shoot those old school rounds. So again, they may decide to not do it as they are looking for more impact on the herd and 5 guys with 1873 trapdoors aren't going to make a huge dent.

You could always try a brand new straight walled caliber. 350 legend. AR platform round.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    you never know????? I remember when people said crossbows would never be legal in Maryland.

I also noted in Region A DNR is proposing 3 days for doe on private land and 2 days for doe on public.

Yeah I like that one too. I’ve hunted region A only twice, but end of firearm season both times. First time I saw nothing Friday when it was buck only. Got a button buck at sunset the next day. Last year I missed bucks twice on Friday and had a doe at 30yds just eyeing me up that I couldn’t harvest. Nothing Saturday then.

Two days of doe, if consecutive, on public land would be really nice.

I put in my comments strongly supporting straight walled cartridges. Don’t like hunting with my shotgun. Definitely would get me to buy a 336 in .357 or .30-30.

Still couldn’t safely hunt my own property with one, but if it means I could hunt, say, Patuxent with straight walled rifles I’d absolutely start hunting it during the week in gun season.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I put in my comments strongly supporting straight walled cartridges. Don’t like hunting with my shotgun. Definitely would get me to buy a 336 in .357 or .30-30.

Still couldn’t safely hunt my own property with one, but if it means I could hunt, say, Patuxent with straight walled rifles I’d absolutely start hunting it during the week in gun season.

357 would work, but 30/30 is not a straight walled case. 350 Legend, 444 Marlin, 45/70, 44 Mag, 460, 500 S&W, etc.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    357 would work, but 30/30 is not a straight walled case. 350 Legend, 444 Marlin, 45/70, 44 Mag, 460, 500 S&W, etc.

Doh! You are right.

For me 357 because I have a revolver in 38sp.

Frankly my wife isn’t likely to let me get TWO guns out of this. So a cartridge overlap would be nice and anywhere I’d want to use it, it would mostly be 50-75yd shots.

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I’m really thrilled that modern handguns may also be included. It never made sense to me that I can use an inline pistol that duplicates .44mag ballistics, but I can’t use a Contender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom