• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Call them and verify that they received your request. Ask if it's been approved or when it will be approved. If so, when will it be issued and printed? I live nearby and opted to have them hold for me to pick up saving the 3-5 business days MSP mail processing and another 2-3 days through snail mail.

When you call, they say 90 days as a blanket response. Speak with a Trooper. Be respectful and courteous. :)

As you walk in, the front desk clerks are obviously overwhelmed and running on fumes from increased requests. It's kind of like Black Friday at the Licensing Division.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely opt for the pickup since I dropped it off to that dismal looking center.

Yellowdog

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2011
    Columbia
    By the way this is for Business owners ohly. A general manager doesn't qualify for unrestricted permit!

Which royally sux. As a GM, I am at the owner's beck and call 24 x 7. Chalk this up to life isn't fair. There are a lot of chalk marks already there btw.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Liz has her panties all in a twist about this.

67832913_2436367326408981_8129700160147030016_o.jpg

It's been up for 5 hours, no comments, 1 share.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I like how people assume they can "demand" shit from a politician. He's such a fat spineless fvck, highly doubt he'll do ANYTHING either way.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    suppose Hogan got 5 or 6 thousand phones calls saying "thanks"?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'll give straight two to one odds for anyone willing to wager that there will be a homicide committed by a Maryland Wear and Carry permit holder in the next 60 calendar days.

I don't even care to specify if it's in self defense, "justified", accidental,... whatever.

If this is such a worrisome change in policy surely SOMEONE will take the bet.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I just spoke with a Trooper this morning at the Pikesville handgun permit unit. He said that they have become inundated with requests for modifications. I dropped mine off on Wednesday morning at their location, and as of this morning, I am still not in the system. He told me to check back with them in the middle of next week for a further update.

He also mentioned that they are receiving many applications for modification from individuals who are not the owner of the business, which he said is slowing down the process.

During our conversation, he said that "they didn't expect that there would be such a rush of requests for the modification":lol2:, which I respectfully disagreed. I reminded the Trooper that ANYONE with a permit that has restrictions is placed in legal jeopardy — knowing that ultimately, the MSP gets to decide whether or not we fall within our restrictions. Kind of, we'll know it when we see it BS.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    restrictions

Which royally sux. As a GM, I am at the owner's beck and call 24 x 7. Chalk this up to life isn't fair. There are a lot of chalk marks already there btw.

I couldn't agree more. I have two employees that do everything an owner does and they don't apply. I want to see what happens with the New York SCOTUS does. That could be a game changer in my opinion.

Btre

Sep 8, 2012
    Dropped my application of this past Wednesday to MSP in Pikesville - clerk said modification applications did not pics because it was already on file - also up to 90 days to process - I will check in about 10 days to get an update

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom